kidde fire extinguisher and smoke alarm recall
I went to the kidde site looking for the fire extinguisher recall and found out they had a problematic fire alarm too.

Apparently they can tell from the serial number on the fire extinguisher if it is affected.  But the online form also wants the date code, which is illegible on my fire extinguisher.  So the online thing didn't work. I called them and they said it wasn't affected.
Huh.
I have three in my house, all will be replaced. Just did it online.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
(11-17-2017, 11:13 AM)EricU Wrote: I went to the kidde site looking for the fire extinguisher recall and found out they had a problematic fire alarm too.

Apparently they can tell from the serial number on the fire extinguisher if it is affected.  But the online form also wants the date code, which is illegible on my fire extinguisher.  So the online thing didn't work. I called them and they said it wasn't affected.
Huh.

The date code didn't seem to be a required field.  I filled in my information and received a replacement via FedEx today.  In the box were instructions along with a pre-paid shipping label to return the old one.  Was kind of hoping I'd be able to 'test' the old one kind of for fun and but knowing how it acted in case I need to ever use one for real.  Oh well....
Paul
Called my Mom yesterday. She has two, one that match model numbers but wrong color. Her's were ok.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
someone in woodworking said they put in five zeros for the date code and it took it. I put in five numbers, and it kept telling me I needed to put in five numbers.  Huh.

On further reflection, I think I may be getting a new fire extinguisher and the person there is just really bad at communicating.  We'll see.  Wife bought some new ones anyway.  

Got to dig out the fire alarm I haven't installed yet and see if it was recalled.
Got home today and found three new fire extinguishers on my front porch. Good thing I saved my defective extinguishers. They wanted them back. They provided the pre printed FedEx return label and a number to set up a pick up. FedEx will be by first thing tomorrow to take them away. The new extinguishers are a size larger than the defective ones. I'd guess that they are in 5 - 10 lb range. One in the kitchen, one in the garage and one in the shop.
Still haven’t received mine and it’s been almost three months...
VH07V  
I received all 4 of mine and have shipped the old ones back as instructed
(12-28-2017, 11:40 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Still haven’t received mine and it’s been almost three months...

Me neither, I wrote down the order number and called them a week ago, they promised to check on it but never called or emailed back.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I received and returned 4 of the 5 I had. I got an email on the fifth say they were out of stock and would be shipping soon.