Radiused rabbet by hand?
Sometimes I make rabbets (cross or with grain) with a radius at the corner, instead of an abrupt 90 degree transition. One example would be a raised panel in a frame and panel box top, where the slight curvature softens the look. I'm not talking about a curved field. Just a small radius at the corner. It's easy with a power router and a radiused end mill. Has anyone done this by hand? 

I can think of some hard ways to do this, like crazy mods to my rabbet plane. What's the right way?

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Are talking about the inside bottom corner, or the top corner?
(11-17-2017, 07:25 PM)knockknock Wrote: Are talking about the inside bottom corner, or the top corner?

Inside bottom. Top I can do with hand planes or files.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(11-17-2017, 09:13 PM)Aram Wrote: Inside bottom. Top I can do with hand planes or files.

A number 2 round plane would probably do what you are talking about, though you may need to use a scraper or sandpaper to fair the parts where the radius meets the flats.