Osborne vs Incra 1000
I finally decided on the Incra 1000 HD. Amazon had them for $155 but when I went to purchase they have jacked the price up to $175. 

I checked eBay and some tool company had 5 of them for sale for $148 so I jumped on it before they sold out. Whatever Incra or Osborne, it's got to be a lot better than the miter gauge that come with my craftsman zip code saw. The gauge that came with that saw is not very good. Seems strange that they had such a crappy gauge when they included such a good fence (bies).
I have a couple Incras as well as a Kreg (ltd edition made for Jet), but have never heard anything bad about Osborne.  Pick your favorite color.

FWIW, 99% of my cutting is at 90 degrees and a large portion is done with an Incra sled.  I use a dedicated miter sled for 45s.

[Image: IMG_2614.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2943.jpg]
(11-21-2017, 05:42 PM)John Mihich Wrote: I like my Osbourne.  You can fine tune it to cut perfectly; pretty easy to do.  I check it just from time to time.
Agreed. Hard to beat the Osbourne miter gauge. Easy to use, accurate, and mine is still working longer than I care to admit. Sometimes simple is just plain better.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
I’ve had my infra for well over a decade. Never liked it. I say osborne.
-Marc

I once had an Osborne but sold it.  It was accurate enough, but I had a Bosch 4000 saw at the time, and the table wasn't big enough for the Osborne at certain angles.  The end of the arm wouldn't be supported.  If I had had my Jet full-size saw, I would have kept it.  I now use an Incra and a sled thing I got from a company no longer in business.  Both are great.
I have both - Osborne set up for left of blade, Incra in a sled to right of blade. They both have their pros/cons. The incra lets you dial in easily with its clicks but IMHO the Osborne is sturdier with its tri-angle design. I use the sled for fine work and the osorn for bigger items