shop heat options
It will depend on your area, brand equipment, ducting if any than a plenum, filters and the contractor, but around 4,700. to 5,200. The customer ran the elect for this system and set the boxes. This one is non-heat pump with 15kw heat- I'll a time delay for it to run on 10kw for 7 minutes before kicking on the last 5kw. We don't use much heat here and usually work with about 55-60 degree shop. Customer wanted to enter the shop and have a quick warm up on the coldest of days and he may have to open the bay doors a lot so a heat pump wasn't the best choice.
I bought a used upflow furnace from my local heating company for $100 and made a plenum with four used registers. It has been heating my shop since 1992. It is large enough to heat my shop from 40 degrees to 70 degrees in 20 to thirty minutes on the coldest days. My shop is 24'x48' with 10' ceilings. I also have two greenhouses with overhead heaters that have worked fine for the same length of time. Each fall I have to take them apart and clean the mud dauber wasp nests out. Other than that they have been maintenance free.
Cletus, why not just pull your propane grill into the shop and crank it up. Same thing.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.