it's always something -- wall ovens got wider edition
I am somewhat concerned about the safety of our existing wall oven.  It's nearly 40 years old, so it doesn't owe us anything.  Went out shopping for a new one, and now wall ovens are a lot wider.  I see on amazon that I can order one, I think ours is 24"

Any recommendations on brands?
(11-21-2017, 01:51 PM)EricU Wrote: I am somewhat concerned about the safety of our existing wall oven.  It's nearly 40 years old, so it doesn't owe us anything.  Went out shopping for a new one, and now wall ovens are a lot wider.  I see on amazon that I can order one, I think ours is 24"

Any recommendations on brands?

I don't even remember the brand. Our local appliance store special ordered it. I think most major manufacturers produce them. Look for "apartment ovens"
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

thanks for the search term.  I only barely understand why ovens got so large.  I guess kitchens are a lot bigger now so they need something to fill them up with.  If I made a bigger space for anything in our kitchen, it would be the refrigerator.  Hard to find one small enough to fit in the cabinets nowadays, and I can always use more space for beer
I also recently shopped for wall  ovens.

Sears lists a 24" and a 27" and a 30".  the 30" seems to be the most popular.  But that relates to the cabinet size.  You need to down load the  installation instructions at the website to see what size you need for the opening.

They list 29 examples of 24" wall ovens.  Open the link and click : installation guide

Here is a Kenmore:  http://www.sears.com/kenmore-24inch-self...ockType=G1

Here is a typical installation guide:

[Image: 14850913.jpg]
the 24" unit needs an opening 21.75" wide.

the 27" unit needs an opening 24.625" wide.

the 30" unit needs an opening 28.25" wide.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.