Should have bought a new tool sooner
LOML bought some faucets for two vessel sinks off eBay for the buffet I converted to a double vanity.

I've been chasing leaks for 3 weeks.
Upset

Finally got it down to one tiny drip yesterday.

Due to faucet design (StRaNge!) and connections needed to have both work there were several connections, all properly taped and tightened.

Found the leak in (of course
Rolleyes ) the most inaccessible spot and I couldn't get my small pipe wrench to grab so off to Lowe's I went.

Plan was to get a second 10" Vise-Grip.

Found one on the top rack, $16.  Looked at next rack down, two piece set for $14, then on the bottom rack, three piece for $12.
Rolleyes

Went home and stopped leak in about 30 seconds.

Should have bought the new tool sooner
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
at my house, projects always justify new tools.  As long as they aren't delivered, that raises questions
I'm reaching the point where I know what it is, I knew I owned one but I can't remember why I originally bought it.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(11-21-2017, 05:57 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: LOML bought some faucets for two vessel sinks off eBay for the buffet I converted to a double vanity.

Upset

Due to faucet design (StRaNge!) and connections needed to have both work there were several connections, all properly taped and tightened.

Found the leak in (of course
Rolleyes ) the most inaccessible spot and I couldn't get my small pipe wrench to grab so off to Lowe's I went.

Plan was to get a second 10" Vise-Grip.

Found one on the top rack, $16.  Looked at next rack down, two piece set for $14, then on the bottom rack, three piece for $12.
Rolleyes

Went home and stopped leak in about 30 seconds.

Should have bought the new tool sooner
Laugh

How do you not have at least 2 pair of vise grips at your age?  I probably have a dozen and what's funny about that is I don't use vise grips often.  Then again they just turn up.  People leave them here and in the rentals.  What I do use often is channel locks but I am getting tired of them failing, mostly because when they do you get pinched or don't have a back up with you
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

These are the best going.  A little pricier than average but worth every penny.  I have 5 or 6 pair in various sizes.  A bit slower to adjust but its not  a big deal.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(11-21-2017, 09:27 PM)blackhat Wrote: These are the best going.  A little pricier than average but worth every penny.  I have 5 or 6 pair in various sizes.  A bit slower to adjust but its not  a big deal.

Thanks for the info.  They are $22 at Zoro.com

I got Home Depot to price match they should get to me in a week
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-21-2017, 08:37 PM)blackhat Wrote: I'm reaching the point where I know what it is, I knew I owned one but I can't remember why I originally bought it.

Or where it is now!
I had a faucet leak this weekend past, I knew I had the angled wrench, but could not find it anywhere, said "screw it" went and bought a new one, fixed the leak.
Decided to put the wrench away...yep, right next to the other one, dammit
Upset
no permiti el bicho morderte
(11-21-2017, 11:32 PM)vapochilled Wrote: Or where it is now!
I had a faucet leak this weekend past, I knew I had the angled wrench, but could not find it anywhere, said "screw it" went and bought a new one, fixed the leak.
Decided to put the wrench away...yep, right next to the other one, dammit
Upset

The vent pipe on the dryer come off last week so I had to replace the tubing.  I knew I had one under the house but wasn't sure where decided not to waste time looking and bought another went to put the remainder of it away and I found the one I had sitting next to another one I had.  So now I have 3 that will get it done in the future and hoping like hell I don't end up with 4
Laugh

Phil Thien

(11-21-2017, 05:57 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: LOML bought some faucets for two vessel sinks off eBay for the buffet I converted to a double vanity.

Upset

I've had better luck with plumbers grease than with the tape.  The tape is clean and easy, but troublesome connections were only resolved with the grease.  I have given up on the tape entirely.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Teflon tape is designed for one thing: reducing the friction in an npt connection so that the threads can be tightened enough to form a metal to metal contact and seal.

Teflon tape is NOT a sealant. Don't use it on compression fittings, etc, only npt.
chris