Shop wall finish??
Yes, that was one knock down- drag out, all bets off, every man for himself, Marquess of Queensberry Rules, last man standing, adversarial finally.  
Laugh

What you're really going to like about the ply is the ease of placing a screw or nail anywhere in the wood vs drywall.  This alone is one of the most handy options I can think of.
I am not an expert on BLO but I would think coating the walls with BLO would smell bad for a long time.
(11-27-2017, 08:34 AM)MNice Wrote: I'm completing my detached garage/workshop and have a finish question if I may.

Interior is sanded plywood, ( I hate sheet rocking/taping) I would like to maintain the nice wood look.  would sanding sealer do the job, or more of a satin poly provide a more durable finish?

Thanks

Jeff

If you want efficiency, effective ergonomics, and overall better quality woodworking, paint it bright white.  Reflected light is much better, in so many ways, than adding more lights.  

If you just want the natural feel of wood, so your shops feels better, don't paint it white.
Update:
Decided to go with a satin poly and it turned out great. Thanks fo all the suggestions

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-15-2018, 06:07 PM)MNice Wrote: Update:
Decided to go with a satin poly and it turned out great. Thanks fo all the suggestions

Jeff

Looks great. Nice job. How did you apply it? I think we would like to see some wide angle shots of the whole shop.
Just applied with a 4” brush. I’ll post pictures at a later date as it is very much under construction
Traditional lacquer sanding sealer is very soft. It’s a soapy substrate IIRC. It’s meant to primarily fill pores and easily sand smooth. Being very soft makes it sand ridiculously easy. I don’t know how you plan to apply your finish or what your budget is but I’d take into account how you plan to apply it before you purchase just anything—if you’re dealing with a large area. I would probably use a budget friendly WB poly of some sort. No smell, could be rolled on with a short hair nap and more durability than a low build wipe on finish. I would go film finish that would build quickly. I would prefer wood finished walls over white if I had a choice. For that matter, wood floors too.

(01-15-2018, 06:07 PM)MNice Wrote: Update:

Jeff

Lookin good. Glad you got it figured out and applied.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It looks dark in there .
Laugh  Otherwise nice job .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Not dark at all. I have 12 four ft led strip lights and obviously I have a lot of work left. We were lucky enough to find a lake place and ice fishing takes shop organization time away.

Attached Files Image(s)