Goodbye 3520B
Sad 
So with the end of production of the 3520B, anyone motivated to purchase one (if you can find one) versus the incoming 3520C?

I'm not a turner (I figure I would be someday), but was always fond of the 3520B.  I'm actually saddened to see it go.  
Sad

[Image: jet-B000BX1JPQ-1-sm.jpg]
Any idea when will see the C-model? Going to PM still have the 3520B model for sale.

http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/p/3520b-...0v/1352001
Bill
I heard that the B's are on Sale now that the C is available.

The C costs $4,400. At that price there are plenty of other lathes that I would consider if I were in the market.
Can anyone provide a link to PM3520C model. Went to buy at PM site and shows me where to buy a 3520B.
Bill
(11-28-2017, 08:44 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: I heard that the B's are on Sale now that the C is available.

The C costs $4,400.   At that price there are plenty of other lathes that I would consider if I were in the market.

Indeed. If I were in the market I'd just spring the extra couple thousand for a Robust.

I still regret not buying the 3520B when I bought my Jet 1642. I figured 16 swing would be plenty for me. Around 2006 when I was in the market the 3520B was $2200. I did get a good deal on my 1642; $1200 new including the bed extension. I should have gone bigger, though.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
To me it is the exact same thing but they want more money.  Now a days I would go with Grizzly's G0799, G0800 or Laguna.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Grizzlys big black lathe looked nice.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

If you consider the amount of features, reputation for quality, and warranty, you'd be hard-pressed to find a similar lathe for much less than $4000.  Oneway and Robust cost considerably more.  You may find a cheaper lathe with the capacity of a PM 3520, but with far fewer features.  Grizz lathes have yet to establish a very good reputation with turners, given their less-than-stellar customer support and past models lacking features other woodworkers desire.  The Nova 2024 is Teknatool's closest equivalent of a PM 3520 and it's about the same price.  The Grizz heavy duty G0799 is within a couple hundred dollars of a PM 3520, but only carries 1 year warranty compared to the 5 year warranty you get with the PM.

Yes, you can get cheaper lathes.  And that's what you'll get - a cheaper lathe.  You pretty much get what you pay for with most power tools.  There's a reason some brands cost more than others.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(11-28-2017, 02:34 PM)SteveS Wrote: Indeed. If I were in the market I'd just spring the extra couple thousand for a Robust.

I agree, that's why there's an American Beauty sitting in my shop instead of a PM3520B.

Years ago I bought the PM 15HH planer, after about a year wished I'd spent the extra $750 for the 20" planer. I didn't make the same mistake when I decided on the lathe.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
As much as I'm happy with the General I just got, there's a guy a few miles from me with a Nova 1696 with copy attachment, selling for $1800. I'm tempted.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com