Goodbye 3520B
(11-28-2017, 11:32 AM)Wildwood Wrote: Can anyone provide a link to PM3520C model.  Went to buy at PM site and shows me where to buy a 3520B.

just got the email. 3520c
I turned on a 3250B in a turning class a few years ago.  It was an incredible lathe.  One nice feature was the tool rack of sorts by the headstock.  I'm going to add something like that to my lathe to keep the various centers in, and I want to hang the wrenches, etc there.  It means drilling holes in the cabinet to mount racks, but I'm confident no one cares about a 30 year old delta lathe.
(12-19-2017, 08:47 PM)Angus Wrote: just got the email. 3520c

Thanks for that, Angus. Reposted here:

[Image: 1353001-2-img.jpg]
The 3520C is made of heavy 1/2" thick cast iron with precision ground bedways. The headstock slides along the bed to create a short bed lathe or to turn outboard off the tailstock end of the lathe. It is locked in place with a convenient cam-lock handle. The Nose of the headstock is extended to allow better access. The tailstock features solid cast iron construction with a storage area protected by a door.

The 3520C is powered by a 2hp AC Variable Speed Motor with a readout on the front of the headstock. It has a 10-groove Poly-V belt with two speed ranges for maximum torque. The cast iron base is made with removable sections so the lathe height can be adjusted for shorter users. The minimum spindle height is 40-5/8" with a maximum height of about 46". The 3520C has a 5-Year Warranty (1 year for industrial, commercial or educational use).

FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
  • Cast iron construction
  • Extended Nose with 1-1/4"x 8TPI Spindle
  • Spindle Height is Adjustable about 44"
  • Digital Spindle Indexing
  • #2MT Headstock Taper
  • 5/8" Headstock Spindle Bore
  • Offset Cam-Action Non-Marring Banjo Design
  • #2MT Tailstock Taper
  • 4" Tailstock Ram travel
  • Holder for Spindle Copying
  • 35" Between centers
  • 2 HP 220V Motor, with reversing
  • Electronic Inverter w/speeds 15-1200rpm and 40-3200rpm
  • Electronic Inverter w/speeds 15-1200rpm and 40-3200rpm
  • 20" Swing over Bed
  • Footprint L by W: 50" x 24"
  • Net Weight: 705 lbs

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
  • Manual
  • 14" Toolrest
  • Tool Holder
  • 3" Faceplate
  • Knockout Rod
  • Spur Center
  • Live Tail Center
  • Spindle Lock
  • Wrench
They seem to have a novel solution to address the spindle height for those of us who are vertically challenged. It appears the lower section of the legs are modular and can be removed. The 3520B was listed as a spindle height of 44" but the 3520C can be as low as 40-5/8". That alone would have me lean toward the new 3520C and maybe worth the cost of entry for some.
Equipment Sales and Surplus in Auburn WA is the factory outlet for damaged Jet/PM tools

They have a damaged PM3520-C in stock right now $3295
(pickup only, they don't ship these)

CraigsList ad
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Thanks for the info Cian/Angus. I have the 3520A still and am happy with it. Its fun to see what each newer model has. This one has a mount for a duplicator (or so I gather). That's interesting.