For sharpening I have an idea
but do not know if it will work.  It will have to be with power that could be used on a Worksharp, grinder, or other means.

Here is the link and the diamond plates he sells goes from 150g to 5000g

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3pcs-8-Grit-150...1438.l2649

See if this is something new we can all use or maybe?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin, I can see that being used to polish a diamond, but for steel tools, IDK. I like my rectangular plates and am able to lap the edge of a tool as much or as little as I want. With a circular blade you are at the mercy of the rpm of the motor you attach the plate onto. Sometime hand lapping only takes a few easy strokes to get the final edge. With the circular I do not think you have that type of control. Plus, what type of appliance will accept the plate? A Dewalt circular palm sander with variable rpm?
(12-02-2017, 07:55 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: but do not know if it will work.  It will have to be with power that could be used on a Worksharp, grinder, or other means.

Here is the link and the diamond plates he sells goes from 150g to 5000g

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3pcs-8-Grit-150...1438.l2649

See if this is something new we can all use or maybe?
Arlin, those discs are probably electro-coated diamond faced and it wouldn't take much use to remove all the diamond from them, especially with regard to lathe tools.
.....I think it would be better to use a copper or tin lapping disc for gem stone faceting with diamond paste for polishing..when it becomes less efficient, you can just add more diamond paste to renew it again..You can make a copper disc from a piece of copper flashing.
I have a Foley sintered diamond disc in 600 grit that I use sometimes, but the diamond coating is about 1/16" thick and they last quite a long time..It came with the machine and is intended to be used for sharpening carbide tools.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset