A Bad Day Turning
is still a pretty good day.  We moved two years ago last week.  I finally had time (and no pressing projects) over the last couple weekends to get my shop back to something I can work in - I've had a bandsaw in there since July that needed work.  Anyhoo, I plucked a cherry bowl out of my stash and did the second turning today.  I've lost what touch I had and will need to spend more time than I want with the turning tools you measure by grit, but it looks reasonably close to what I want, and it might even get done by Christmas.
Hmm... Do you mean the "shaping paper"?
(12-04-2017, 05:16 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Hmm... Do you mean the "shaping paper"?

yep.  I also discovered that my pen bushings are higgledy-piggledy and will have to be sorted out.  I'm not sure if I want to try and do that all at once, or just figure them out as I go.
Just sort them as you go.
When you are done making a pen store the bushings in the bag that the pen kit came in.
The markings on the bag will indicate what kit the bushings are for.
using a bag is not a bad idea. I had them sorted before we moved, but it was one of those plastic trays with the dividers. Nothing was labeled, I just knew where each bushing was.
(12-04-2017, 12:39 PM)crokett™ Wrote: using a bag is not a bad idea.  I had them sorted before we moved, but it was one of those plastic trays with the dividers.  Nothing was labeled, I just knew where each bushing was.

I use trays also but cut a piece of card stock to fit the lid then mark it so when open it tells me whats in each spot.
It's what you learn AFTER you know it all that matters........
I bought some small jars and screwed the lids to an overhead beam.Marked each jar with the appropriate bushing,inserted the bushings and screwed the jar to the lid.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(12-06-2017, 06:59 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: I bought some small jars and screwed the lids to an overhead beam.Marked each jar with the appropriate bushing,inserted the bushings and screwed the jar to the lid.

Mel

I was thinking of something similar with old pill containers.
I think I need to revisit the thread title. Today I blew up one blank while turning it, and managed to break a 7mm bit. I quit after that. I'll try again tomorrow.