Plane care and refurbishing.

I decided the other day I needed to pull out my user planes and give them an inspection and a good oiling. A few needed some light polishing as surface rust was trying to form from finger prints. I try to remember to rub an oily rag over them before putting them up but sometimes I forget.

Anyway I guess I enjoyed that so much I decided to rehab a few rough planes I've had squirreled away for a while.

Well that's what I've gotten done this past week. I still have about a dozen needing one level of attention or another. Crazy

Thanks for looking.
  Re: Plane care and refurbishing. by Rick Barton (I decided the other ...)
Excellent work Rick!

Gotta love those red frog Miller's Falls...... Mine are Craftsman.... but they are the same planes....
Skip

Good work. I'll send you a few boxfuls if you get bored.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Yeah Skip I like me some Millers Fall's. They're really good tools and a bit different than all the Stanley's we see. Smile
  Re: RE: Plane care and refurbishing. by JimReed@Tallahassee (Good work. I'll send...)
(12-05-2017, 06:15 PM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: Good work. I'll send you a few boxfuls if you get bored.

Oh, I dunno, Jim. My old hands are starting to complain as it is. No Big Grin
  Re: RE: Plane care and refurbishing. by Rick Barton ([quote='JimReed@Tall...)
(12-05-2017, 07:43 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Oh, I dunno, Jim. My old hands are starting to complain as it is. No Big Grin

I know the feeling. Anytime I get too vigorous in the shop my friend "Arthur" comes for a visit. I do not really care for him or any of the "Itis" clan anyway.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com