Fuel Stabilizer
What one is best,  in your opinion, for gasoline/ethanol in small engines?
I use standard Stabil (the red stuff) to pickle the fuel for storage, like for my generator and other seasonal machines. And I only use ethanol-free gasoline, in part because most of my small engines and outboard are old. They run well, and I'd like to keep it that way.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
wish i could help, but i drain all my small engines in the winter and run em dry.
(12-08-2017, 09:26 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I use standard Stabil (the red stuff) to pickle the fuel for storage, like for my generator and other seasonal machines.  And I only use ethanol-free gasoline, in part because most of my small engines and outboard are old.  They run well, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I have also used Stabil for years without any issues.  A neighbor who is a small engine mechanic for a larger lawn equipment dealer said Strar-tron is better.     Very hard to get ethanol free gas around here.  The only place was near a race track.    Roly
I guess I didn't realize there was a competitor to Stabil, the only one I've used. But everything that can be run dry for storage is. I have no certified ethanol-free gas nearby, so it pays to be cautious.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-08-2017, 09:37 AM)tomsteve Wrote: wish i could help, but i drain all my small engines in the winter and run em dry.

Me too.  At the end of this winter I will pour the gasoline that remains in the gas can into my car.  I will dump the small amount that remains in the snow blower.  

Come near the end of the snow season I will keep the gas level fairly low in the snow blower.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I found that the Liberty gas stations here carry ethanol free gas.

Does anyone know other chains that do?
Fastrac carries ethanol-free here, but from what I could find, they're in NY only.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(12-08-2017, 02:07 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Fastrac carries ethanol-free here, but from what I could find, they're in NY only.

You can often find it at general aviation airports, mostly at 100 octane.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I use stabil for storage. Not sure what it does for ethanol, if anything.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS