Uh Oh...
BOM, that looks a lot bigger than I had envisioned. Good job, though. But you do need an exclamation point (!) after the word AWAY. Just to keep the little ones on their toes.

Good job. Better than what I could have done.
She's two, I don't want to yell at her. Lol.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Pin nailer would work on your letters.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-13-2017, 07:40 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Pin nailer would work on your letters.

The letters are 3/4" thick, I'll check lowes tomorrow after I check and see if my 23 gauge pin nailer will handle pins 1.25 inches long.
I'm afraid if I tried to angle nail in from the edges that they'll chip out.  I'm thinking copper or brass tacks with the small heads, and either flush nail with the heads showing as an accent, or countersink and fill.
Jim in Okie
(12-13-2017, 07:40 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Pin nailer would work on your letters.

Yep...I bought an 18ga. pinner this week from HF for 21 bucks...worked like a charm.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Very
Cool  and very nicely done!

However, if this is for a 2yo, you might want to consider covering that front with a sheet of Lexan or plexiglass. I'm afraid that, if you do not, in a year or two, the 3-4yo will be using those letters and the gnome as climbing blocks (like the knobs on a climbing wall).
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Just plain W O W!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Iclark...

I figured i'd be seeing the bench top toy box back for repair over the years. If I keep carving, the front can change. "You're Grounded!"
Jim in Okie
I think *most* pin nailers only go to 1 inch.

If you do decide to bang some hand drive finish nails in there, I would drill holes for the nails.
They may split your finely made letters.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks, I have a really tiny bit I use for putting trophy plates on display boards with really tiny nails. Lol.
But, I went with 23 gauge one inch pins and we are golden. With the tightbond... I think I'm good.
Jim in Okie