Uh Oh...

Cool
Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Here is a view Grumpy and his message set solidly in place.

If you look closely, you can see where I played with the grain all through the layout of the piece.
The sap lines in the upper and lower frame, form a "circular" pattern.
The lighter grain flows across the lettering, and would continue if the letters were all in line.  
The circular pattern continues thru Grumpy with the lighter grain.

I love to play with the grain patterns in the wood, and try and do so in all my projects.  The Drawer fronts in my Gunsmith's Box is a good example.
I took HOURS to cut each drawer front, but it paid off.

Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(12-14-2017, 10:46 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I think *most* pin nailers only go to 1 inch.

If you do decide to bang some hand drive finish nails in there, I would drill holes for the nails.
They may split your finely made letters.

The one I just bought goes to 2" in 18ga..I also bought a box of 5,000 "slight head brads" that are 1 3/16" in length for some bird houses and feeders I am building. Drove a bunch and not one miss-fire..,How can you beat it for the price???
Crazy
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

When I saw the message, I thought it was shop furniture. But then I found out it was a toybox for a 2 yo.  Well, it works for shop furniture too--especially in my shop which always seems to be "less than neat".
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I love that, maybe I should put the same message across the front of my shop cabinets...
You know... to be fair and all.
Jim in Okie
Looks great, and what a funny concept for a message on the top of a kid's toy chest!
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
Kingwood, thats the front, the top is a bench seat. It's just laying on its back for the installation.
https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7335445
Jim in Okie
(12-14-2017, 08:32 AM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: Iclark...

I figured i'd be seeing the bench top toy box back for repair over the years.  If I keep carving, the front can change.  "You're Grounded!"

Fair enough. Definitely beautiful work.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I had a scrap of the walnut left over, and the underside of the lid called to me.
Now, when they open the toy box to put away toys, POW... my granddaughter's name is RIGHT there.
POW... Isla... oops, WE call her Izzy... and since Grumpy made the toy box... guess what it screams....

Yup.

Who loves yah baby?

Wink
Jim in Okie
Nice work.
Cool

Jim, are you going to put an anti-slam gizmo on that by chance?