Draining a water heater annually?
(12-21-2017, 11:58 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Ours doesn't *purge* out. Buildup sticks to the tank.

So you drain it. The crude stays. No difference. I reckon you can remove the valve and scrape it out like the other poster said, but no one else said they did.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(12-22-2017, 01:36 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: So you drain it.  The crude stays.  No difference.  I reckon you can remove the valve and scrape it out like the other poster said, but no one else said they did.

You must not be reading all the posts. That was ***me*** that posted I made a tool to scrap out the *crud*.
I do remove the drain valve to do this. The crud collects in the concave? bottom of the tank and stays there.
Flushing/purging does not remove it that I've found.
Winkgrin  YMMV
Smirk
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020