Pictures of Gifts from Secret Santa posted here
when I get home I'll post pictures of the generous gifts my secret Santa sent: a beading tool, a blue spruce detail chisel, and a canvas tool roll. These are wonderful gifts, ones I will use often. Thanks, Randy, very much!
Aram, I believe that cast iron handle is for files.
Enjuneer, aka Bob Page, hooked me up with some very nice custom brass tools...
Yes

A marking gauge for curved edges, and a plane hammer w/ birdseye maple handle.

[Image: qohoNPS.jpg]

[Image: 0JuAu7G.jpg]

Both are very cool...
Winkgrin
Cool
Cool

Thanks, Bob!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(12-26-2017, 07:59 PM)Aram Wrote: OK, this is totally not in the Christmas spirit, but...

NICE HAUL!!!

Big Grin 

Beautiful work. Way to go, Arlin!

I had to ask him.  He did not have anything in any posts so I asked him what he was wanting.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-26-2017, 07:17 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: My secret santa has raised the bar.  A super nice collection of things, I'm very grateful.

From Left to right:

Some italian Rifflers  
Yes

Some hard arkansas, and india Slip stones.

A super cool oil can.

A wonderfully made cherry knob and tote set that will soon find it's way on my main jack plane...

A handy tape measure you can write on

a nice piece of cocobolo?

A nice carving mallet.

Can't wait to put this stuff to use.  Thanks so much Santa!!

[Image: 00Y0Y_bMyhvRt9wXn_1200x900.jpg]
[Image: 00e0e_RSL65mPLud_1200x900.jpg]

I think that oil can is great.  You do not find to many with out dents or crushed or bent top.  NICE
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(12-26-2017, 07:47 PM)DonSlaughter Wrote: THANK YOU SOOO MUCH SANTA!
This is so very timely.  Working on chairs now...always wanted on but just never got 'rountoit' . 
Veritas® Chairmaker's Scraper
[Image: ReturnToSearch.gif]
[Image: 05p3380s04.jpg]

While this chairmaker's scraper was designed primarily for chairmakers' use, it can be used for any other scraping task in the shop. The appeal of this tool is that it can be used as is for scraping flat surfaces with the included straight blade.
For scraping round pieces, additional blades are available: three concave shapes in 1/2", 7/8" and 1-1/4" diameters and one convex (1-1/2" radius). The straight blade could also be ground to a specific shape.

Don can that be used for chair cut chair seats to? It also looks like it would be nice for a spoon scraper as well.   All I can say is anything from Lee Valley has to be wonderful!!

Wooo Dave

That marking gauge is so nice and a match with the hammer.  Also if I remember right you have bigger hands and looks like that handle is just right for you.
Yes
Yes

Well so far so GREAT and looking forward to seeing all the rest of the Well dones. 
Yes
Yes
Big Grin

My Santa has done very well!  I have received the  two items below and couldn't be happier.  

First is the 2018 Tools and Shops from Fine Woodworking!  I didn't realize that my FW subscription had run out and this is an issue I really look forward to, so SCORE!

Second is the 2018 Lee Valley calendar!  My sister usually gives me this for Christmas, but this year she went a different direction, so SCORE X 2!!

Thanks Santa, you've done well!

I love this event every year!!!

Randy

Attached Files Image(s)

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
(12-28-2017, 10:47 AM)Randy B. Wrote: My Santa has done very well!  I have received the  two items below and couldn't be happier.  

First is the 2018 Tools and Shops from Fine Woodworking!  I didn't realize that my FW subscription had run out and this is an issue I really look forward to, so SCORE!

Second is the 2018 Lee Valley calendar!  My sister usually gives me this for Christmas, but this year she went a different direction, so SCORE X 2!!

Thanks Santa, you've done well!

I love this event every year!!!

Randy

Boy that sure is a nice cabinet with tools on the cover there.
Yes
Yes

Oh man, I was sweatin' even with the sub-zero temperatures we've been having here in Northern Michigan. I was sure that Santa got lost in the deep, dark U.P. woods.

To my delight, he arrived today and I lost no time in ripping open the box. I found a card and two nicely wrapped presents. I figured Mrs. Claus must have wrapped the gifts. After all, what woodworker/tool guy would take away from his shop time to do it?

[Image: 38666111974_3400a09f4c_c.jpg]
Shredding the beautiful paper revealed these wonderful gifts -- a hard cover copy of Garrett Hack's Handplane Book and a nice selection of saw sharpening files, complete with Scroo-zon handles. Thank you very much, Santa!

[Image: 39344670822_b3f55eb5e4_c.jpg]
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com