Pictures of Gifts from Secret Santa posted here
Bob

I am thinking those new files might not last to long.
Big Grin   Great gifts.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-27-2017, 10:35 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Don can that be used for chair cut chair seats to?  It also looks like it would be nice for a spoon scraper as well.   All I can say is anything from Lee Valley has to be wonderful!!
Absolutely!  Travisher and scorp leaves marks and I've had to use card scrapers (hard on the thumbs) but this scraper is perfect.  Most important to me right now is the extra blades included to use on legs and rails...this scraper takes out all the fine spokeshave marks without disturbing the shape.  Really grateful !!
(12-26-2017, 11:10 PM)Anak Wrote: Mine arrived today.

Probably delayed because it came to Kali from a free state, and with no Prop 65 warning label on the package.
Smirk 

My Santa got me a set of router blades.  Very cool.  I have a router, but with only one blade.  These will be very helpful for inlay work:

[Image: SecretSanta20171OPT.jpg]

And a half dozen books for my perusal:

[Image: SecretSanta20172OPT.jpg]

And my Santa also made me a wooden spoon.  But alas, the books didn't get along so well with the spoon, and it arrived as a spork:

[Image: SecretSanta20173OPT.jpg]

Or perhaps it is a puzzle for The Varmints...  All the pieces are there.  It is just a little gluing project.  The sort that any woodworker should be adept at.

And there was a note.

Thank you Sean.

Bummer about the spoon.  I do appreciate the effort to include a hand made object.  The shipping gorillas weren't kind to it though.

Some assembly required
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
SO has everyone received or posted there SS gifts Yet?

If not please, please share them with us, if you have not received your gift yet contact us.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Where are all the picture of gifts ?  There has to to be more than the 12 people who have already posted.

Sometimes, thats' the best part, seeing what everyone received.
Well, I came home to find what appears to be a "part 2" to my gift, as I wasn't expecting a delivery from Lee Valley!  Santa managed to grab some great items from my wish list.

I will get some pix this weekend and post them up!

I am beyond grateful for what has come my way!

Santa, you're the best!

Randy
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
A box arrived early in December with no info as to who it was from. Checking the shipping label I seen it came from Georgia. The only logical conclusion was that it was a Secret Santa package. It was carefully wrapped and a big bow placed on top. The package was placed under the Christmas tree and eyed with much curiosity for the intervening weeks.

Christmas morning the box was opened. A letter from Secret Santa was inside along with several more packages.

Inside was a 6" stainless steel rule with etched markings (good for old eyeballs), a pair of surgical scalpels (I was not immediately able to see their use but quickly learned they are useful for veneer, marquetry and the like), a swiveling vacuum vise which I can see being useful for holding small parts when soldering (I dabble a bit in electronics) and a hand held jewelers vise. This last - in the spirit of Christmas - was passed onto a friend who makes jewelry.

Thanks to my Secret Santa for a variety of useful gifts. A special thanks from my jewelry making friend as he was very pleased with the jewelers vise.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

I have that vise and it sure comes in handy for a lot of things including holding my Lansky sharpening jig.

So sorry for the delay in posting my gifts from Secret Santa Bill.  I look forward to organizing small parts, and turning a couple pens.... after practicing first of course.  Thanks so very much Santa!

Attached Files Image(s)

Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
(01-09-2018, 07:54 PM)jppierson Wrote: So sorry for the delay in posting my gifts from Secret Santa Bill.  I look forward to organizing small parts, and turning a couple pens.... after practicing first of course.  Thanks so very much Santa!

That is a pretty neat project and looks like it would great.

You know I had about 300 of the bottles saved to give out here and when I looked they were gone with my sweetheart not telling me about the house cleaning.
I am saving them again and have about two dozen and about 500 of the water absorbers from the bottles.