Pictures of Gifts from Secret Santa posted here
Chris

Did you put your name in the hat this Year?  IF so need some pictures.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-13-2018, 05:01 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Chris

Yes

Sure would be nice if all who participated would post here...if not pics .... then, at least confirmation of gifts received!!  
Is there any way to poke those folks and get their attention??
(01-14-2018, 03:52 AM)DonSlaughter Wrote: Sure would be nice if all who participated would post here...if not pics .... then, at least confirmation of gifts received!!  
Is there any way to poke those folks and get their attention??

Agreed.

I will be posting as soon as I can after I receive mine. Rumor has it that it has been at my house since New Year's Eve. I left for FL 2 days before that.
Sigh
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-13-2018, 05:01 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Chris

Yes

Hey Arlin,

Unfortunately, I did not participate.  With my hiatus out of town in the middle of the thing, it was all I could do to administrate it 
Winkgrin
chris
For me I received mine and the gentleman up the $50 into my paypal account to help us vets, however, I returned it since he lost his job in December and many other things that needs money.

I so wish I could have helped him more and I know how tough things can be without money and he has a young family to and that puts even more stress on him.

I am wondering if the Christmas fund could help him?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Back home in the cold after a couple weeks in FL and going through a backlog of boxes. I think that Amazon may have used a separate box for each calendar that I ordered.
Rolleyes Taking a break to snack and read WN.

So far, I have found a box from Lee Valley with 3 items that I did not order. No indication that it is a gift.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(01-15-2018, 06:11 PM)iclark Wrote: Back home in the cold after a couple weeks in FL and going through a backlog of boxes. I think that Amazon may have used a separate box for each calendar that I ordered.
Rolleyes Taking a break to snack and read WN.

So far, I have found a box from Lee Valley with 3 items that I did not order. No indication that it is a gift.

Ivan, that should have had the Secret Santa name on it, sorry.  Confusion with the order caused the delay. Hoping those items can find a place in your daily doings!  Message me, if you want, and we can discuss the items.
(01-16-2018, 02:19 AM)DonSlaughter Wrote: Ivan, that should have had the Secret Santa name on it, sorry.  Confusion with the order caused the delay. Hoping those items can find a place in your daily doings!  Message me, if you want, and we can discuss the items.

I did check and did not find any indication other than the LV info. I appreciate the effort to get them to label it.

My apologies that work backlog and this latest snowfall is delaying me getting pictures up. Hopefully, the forecast thaw this weekend will let me get the pictures in the shop.

You did good.

thanks,
Ivan

With sincere apologies to my SS Don, I am finally posting a picture of his generous gift. To that list of honey-do's, I should have added finding the battery charger for the camera.
Sigh

A very nice book of history, design, and construction of Queen Anne Furniture with measured drawings, a set of miter box guides, and a journal.

I am looking forward to learning more about the Queen Anne period furniture and contemplating how it overlaps and compares with the Pennsylvania Deutsch styles.

The miter box guides may be a lost cause on me and my sawing (lack of) skills, but they are much appreciated. With this kind of help, I may yet be able to cut to a mark with practice.
Smile

As for the journal, I am wondering how my SS managed to talk to the local turners that I have taken private lessons from. Their repeated recommendation has been to get a journal and log my pieces as they go through their different stages. Let's just say that I have procrastinated a bit about finding a journal to do that. I had no idea that LV sold them (and a most excellent one as well). Once I get some time in the shop, I look forward to trying to practice doing what my mentors have been telling me to do. With help like this, perhaps there is hope for me yet.
Smile

My deep thanks to my SS Don and to the senior Santa and his elves that organized this event.

Ivan

(02-04-2018, 08:41 PM)iclark Wrote: With sincere apologies to my SS Don, I am finally posting a picture of his generous gift. To that list of honey-do's, I should have added finding the battery charger for the camera.
Sigh

A very nice book of history, design, and construction of Queen Anne Furniture with measured drawings, a set of miter box guides, and a journal.

I am looking forward to learning more about the Queen Anne period furniture and contemplating how it overlaps and compares with the Pennsylvania Deutsch styles.

The miter box guides may be a lost cause on me and my sawing (lack of) skills, but they are much appreciated. With this kind of help, I may yet be able to cut to a mark with practice.
Smile

As for the journal, I am wondering how my SS managed to talk to the local turners that I have taken private lessons from. Their repeated recommendation has been to get a journal and log my pieces as they go through their different stages. Let's just say that I have procrastinated a bit about finding a journal to do that. I had no idea that LV sold them (and a most excellent one as well). Once I get some time in the shop, I look forward to trying to practice doing what my mentors have been telling me to do. With help like this, perhaps there is hope for me yet.
Smile

My deep thanks to my SS Don and to the senior Santa and his elves that organized this event.

Ivan

Nice catch there Ivan.  I never knew there was such a thing as miter guides and it makes sense.
Thank you for posting.