I am looking for a part and did not see that
Lee Valley had it or I must have missed it.

If you guys remember it seems decades ago when everyone donated hand tools to me (and yes I still have it all and will never get rid of it unless it is to one of my trainees) and Rob Lee gave me a metal marking gauge with the sharp roller thing on the end.

I now need another one since part of it broke off accidently and wondering where to buy one or two.

A link is most helpful

Thanks
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-20-2017, 07:42 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Lee Valley had it or I must have missed it.

If you guys remember it seems decades ago when everyone donated hand tools to me (and yes I still have it all and will never get rid of it unless it is to one of my trainees) and Rob Lee gave me a metal marking gauge with the sharp roller thing on the end.

I now need another one since part of it broke off accidently and wondering where to buy one or two.

A link is most helpful

Thanks

Is it one of these?

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...at=1,42936
Highland Hardware has several models
https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/tite...gauge.aspx
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...at=1,42936

Haven't got it yet but this improved version looks promising.

Simon
Thanks guys.  Some how I missed it on the first link and did not even see the second like on the Lee Valley links.

On the highlandwoodworkers link all I seen was the complete gauge
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(12-20-2017, 07:42 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Lee Valley had it or I must have missed it.

A link is most helpful

Thanks

Lee Valley has replacement cutting wheels at the bottom of this listing.

A link is most helpful

Thanks

What part is broken, the wheel?  I'm sure LV can get you what you need.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(12-21-2017, 05:32 PM)Admiral Wrote: What part is broken, the wheel?  I'm sure LV can get you what you need.

Yes it is the cutting wheel and one of the guys put it on the edge of the table awhile back and it rolled off and hit the floor and taken part of the edge off so it has a flat spot.

I have cannibalized a can opener to get a hardened cutting wheel for just that purpose, more than once !

Æ
(12-22-2017, 03:45 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Yes it is the cutting wheel and one of the guys put it on the edge of the table awhile back and it rolled off and hit the floor and taken part of the edge off so it has a flat spot.

Arlin, you can do a couple of things with the dinged cutter. First, if the edge is not too badly damaged, you can sharpen the flat side of the cutter on your sharpening stones. If the flat spot is to big for that, turn the damaged part so that it doesn't contact the wood. The cutter should always be tightened in the gauge so that it doesn't rotate.