Bandsaw top wheel tracking knob lock nut, *updated pictures*
(12-23-2017, 04:50 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: Are they now? I haven't bought a Griz machine in quite some time, probably 10+yrs. ago. At one time it seemed like the heads were metric but the threads were SAE. Strange combination I know but that's how it seemed.

That is the way my Grizzly table saw is.  They advertised all SAE threads back then, no mention of heads.   About same age.   Roly
(12-23-2017, 04:50 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: Are they now? I haven't bought a Griz machine in quite some time, probably 10+yrs. ago. At one time it seemed like the heads were metric but the threads were SAE. Strange combination I know but that's how it seemed.

You may be correct , I have a number of woodworking and metal working machines. I know that the metal working machines, 2 lathes , 4 x5 band saw ,milling machine, etc, are entirely metric. I have a cabinet saw and 16" band saw that have SAE fasteners. Since the only fasteners I would install on the cabinet saw is the SAE 5/8" saw nut. The band saw uses two 1/4/20 screws to hold the blade guard in position. I'll check the parts pages to see if the tools are put together with SAE or Metric. Not sure about the "strange combination" but I think you may be onto something. I recall several times having to use metric wrenches on SAE fasteners because the SAE wrench did not quite fit.

mike
All my grizzlys 95 to 99 (years purchased) are all metric. Nothing strange, just metric.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

This was definitely an M8 thread. I’ll check the hinge assembly too thanks for the heads up!
Benny

Thanks stwood!
Benny

Your next post will be about changing the wheel bearings because you are probably using a blade that is too big for the saw. I'll guess you also bottomed out the tension spring. 14" saws shouldn't have anything wider than a 1/2" blade and they are not ment for resawing.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
I’ll be sure to let you know what my next post is...
Benny

(12-28-2017, 01:36 PM)bennybmn Wrote: I’ll be sure to let you know what my next post is...

Laugh  Stay tuned....
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020