another build thread...
Roh-kay....I leaned this thing back, to where I could work on it a bit.   Wanted to remove a few "high spots"
Rolleyes 

Best and quickest way to trim a few plugs..

Bevel down chisel, and something to "tap" it with.....then sand things down......and apply the seal coat..

Moved things around a bit, and worked on one side, until it,too, gets a seal coat..

Let this sit awhile, before I can turn it around, and do the last side.   Still have to figure out which edge treatment to use..
Rolleyes  

A roundover, or a cove?
Confused  Stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-18-2018, 05:53 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Roh-kay....I leaned this thing back, to where I could work on it a bit.   Wanted to remove a few "high spots"
Rolleyes 

Best and quickest way to trim a few plugs..

Bevel down chisel, and something to "tap" it with.....then sand things down......and apply the seal coat..

Moved things around a bit, and worked on one side, until it,too, gets a seal coat..

Let this sit awhile, before I can turn it around, and do the last side.   Still have to figure out which edge treatment to use..
Rolleyes  

A roundover, or a cove?
Confused  Stay tuned...

Aren't those hard to use in your 45?
Confused

Big Grin
Yep, they be a tad too short.....
Laugh
Winkgrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0CI4nhgzY

Have you seen Mr. Chickadees new vid? It reminds me of your newest piece. Uses the same type of tools and workmanship.

Good stuff, Bandit. Please keep the projects coming. I like tagging along.
Cashed in a bunch of cans today, about 17 pounds worth.   Between that, and the pocket change I had....

I was able to come home with 15bf of quarter sawn Ash.....$12.35 total...

Since it came from the same tree as the last load.   4/4 x 6" x 5'  ( one he sawed not quite in the middle....)6 planks. 
Figured that and what was in the shop should be enough to build a bookcase, with a paneled door.  
I did set up a machine, today.....as the Stanley 45 doesn't do coves around a corner, too well..
Uhoh  

So a Craftsman was set up..
Uhoh
Uhoh  

To make the cove.  

Will need to rearrange my bench...
Rolleyes
Confused
Uhoh  

It is in there, somewhere, last I looked
Winkgrin 
Then, after the new planks are warmed up, I can start on the Bookcase unit.   Looking like I MIGHT get a raised panel door like the bottom unit has.   

Stay tuned...
Wait, there's a bench in there?
Confused

Nice job on the corner, its looking good.
Cool
With all the hand tools laying around you had to break out the router for some corners?  What about a rasp or round file?????  The manual wood working gods will not be happy.  But I'm throwing peanuts from the gallery so take what I recommend with a grain of salt.
Big Grin
Hauled one plank to the shop, this morning.   Crosscut it for length.   Saved to cut-off to add to a couple shelves, later.

Ripped the plank down the center.....kind of a wavy-arsed cut.
Angry ...clamped one part in the leg vise, and got out the Jointer..

Jointed both edges, and then jointed the matching( almost
Rolleyes ) edges on the wide board..

Once the gaps were gone, I spread a bit of glue, and added a few clamps..
Cool

And set this one aside.   Then repeat for the other parts....

Joint the edges, spread some glue, and a few clamps....

Nice Cardio Workout, this morning?
Rolleyes
Confused
Winkgrin     Need to figure the spacing for the book shelves, next, and see how many I need to make.   I may get the top glued up, later...once the clamps are available, again.    Once the shelves and top are done, and attached to these two sides, I can figure out how to build the door.  

Lunchtime, while waiting on glue to dry...stay tuned
Winkgrin
Grabbed a book, about the size that will be going into the bookcase.....and laid out the spacing of the shelves.....wound up getting three shelves..
Cool  

And cut three blanks.   They will need an add-on, to get deep enough.    At least, I can lay out for a sliding dovetail joint, to house each shelf....

There was some dried glue here and there.....I think I have the tool to scrape it away...
Winkgrin 

Stanley SW #70.....push, or pull.   

Maybe tomorrow, I can get something actually done?
Rolleyes  Stay tuned
Winkgrin
So what was the book?
Smirk