another build thread...
The "Plan"
Confused  for today.....haul the pine 1 x 6 to the shop.    Get the clamps off the case.    Fine tuned the drawer opening.  

Lunch...

Spend the afternoon, building the drawer.  

Maybe by Supper time, have it ready for the knobs to be installed?   

Sound like a plan
Confused
Confused
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
So, are you doing all this between clearing snow from driveways and walks? Or is it iguanas and pythons you're clearing away?

Well, since I don't clear snow, or anything else outside....I guess I'll just get a drawer made.....33 photos...this might take a while
Uhoh
Uhoh
Uhoh
Ok...Drawer build 101..

Needed to cut a bit of pine, to make the 2 sides....Disston D-7, 10ppi..

Had to use the Langdon 75 to trim one end, then ganged the sides up, and plane one edge until they matched each other...

Laid out they tails, saw the waste side of the lines, do a bit of chopping...set aside until I needed each one to lay out the pins.

A third hand was needed, while I marked things out.   Leave the lines while running a saw

Chop out the waste, and then a test fit....repeat for the other end

End of part 1...stay tuned...
OK, Part 2 coming up  
Worked on the sides a bit...reset the langdon to do a dado..

Depth stops on the mitre box.   two lines per side were sawn...Needed to remove the waste, though...
Big chisel to pop most of the waste out, then a fancy plane..

With the depth stop set just right, it doesn't do too bad of a job...

But, why not just use the Stanley 45?   Well, it was set up for a different sort of job,,

Needed a groove to hold the drawer's plywood bottom...sides and the front all get this groove...

Hey, we're gaining on it.....
Part 3 coming right up...stay tuned
Winkgrin
Part #3...am I boring anybody, yet?
Rolleyes
Laugh 
I dry fitted the front and the sides, needed to find out how big of a panel I needed, cut that cut to size,,

Then marked a piece of poplar for the back.   Crosscut to length, ripped for width,,

Wanted to use screws to attach the sides to the back..don't trust just glue there.. Three pilot holes were drilled, then the countersink got used...

Then spread the glue ( cuss a bit) add a few screws ( cuss a bit) add a forest of clamps, ( cuss some more)  needed an extra clamp

To pull things into square.....plywood bottom wasn't sitting quite right...pulled things square, bottom panel fits better...

So...just waiting on the glue to cure, before too much else can be done.   Will need to "fine tune" the fit later.  Need to add a few nails to attach the back to the bottom panel, even though there is a bead of glue back there. 

Will wait until the front is sanded and planed smooth, before the knobs get installed, until then..

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
And all this in one afternoon. Man, you are good.
(01-06-2018, 05:06 PM)Tynyyn Wrote: And all this in one afternoon.  Man, you are good.

4-1/2 hours to build a drawer....getting slow in me old age
Rolleyes
Winkgrin
Well, maybe after Lunch, today..I can remove those clamps, and clean things up....Need to get the drawer done....have a door ( or two
Confused )to start on.   We'll see how today goes...
Rolleyes 

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Clamps have been removed, nothing flew apart
Rolleyes .....bottom panel is now nailed to the back, glue was holding.   Cleaned the corner joints

Will just have to do, I guess..
Uhoh ...Shiny metal knobs were installed, so I can pull the drawer back out, while doing this..
Rolleyes  

Then I can do a final fit of the drawer.    Need to plug a few screw holes, though.  And, find a few more of these...
Confused

Have one more for the lower door, but need 1 or 2 for the upper cabinet.  

That might be all for today.....still stiff and sore from yesterday's  shoptime..
No
Stay tuned
Winkgrin

Cool