another build thread...
When you come and see me next year I will have a lot of Pony and Bessy bar clamps to give you if you teach me how to us the 45, but you will have to bring yours since I do not have one.

I was wondering how you fix the gaps in the dovetails?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-07-2018, 04:13 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: When you come and see me next year I will have a lot of Pony and Bessy bar clamps to give you if you teach me how to us the 45, but you will have to bring yours since I do not have one.

I was wondering how you fix the gaps in the dovetails?
Still up up the air about my being there, this year.
Rolleyes ....transportation problems.
No     Learning a 45 isn't all that hard to do, just sharp cutters, and a bit of practice....MOS over at LJs has quite a few videos out..
Cool

Fix a gappy dovetail joint:    Drizzle a bead of glue along the gaps.   Mound a bit of saw dust that matches the wood ( mitre box had plenty).
Moosh the two together a bit, rubbing the dust down into the gaps......then use a palm sander to "burn" the two in place, until all surface traces of the goop is gone....and old trick, I learned a long time ago...
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Moosh.......
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Not sure IF I want to venture into the shop, today......seeings how it is a Monday..
Uhoh

Normally, I have the shop closed on Mondays ( bad things tend to happen..)but, can't really do much else today.   Weather outside my window looks almost as ugly as the view in the mirror this morning....
No

IF I happen to get bored
Uhoh
Uhoh
Uhoh  I MIGHT try the shop
Rolleyes ....AFTER Lunch..
Winkgrin
(01-08-2018, 11:44 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Not sure IF I want to venture into the shop, today......seeings how it is a Monday..
Uhoh

Normally, I have the shop closed on Mondays ( bad things tend to happen..)but, can't really do much else today.   Weather outside my window looks almost as ugly as the view in the mirror this morning....
No

IF I happen to get bored
Uhoh
Uhoh
Uhoh  I MIGHT try the shop
Rolleyes ....AFTER Lunch..
Winkgrin

So let me guess. The TomCat is at the foot of the stairs, daring ya to come down into his territory.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

A look out the front window...
No 

Decided to try the shop.....for a little while
Uhoh ,  Drawer was fine tuned, now slides like it is supposed to.   Plug cutter was used

A bit of Walnut, for contrast...
Cool 

Ran a saw for a bit..

Then set up another saw..

To do the rip cuts.   Got a few parts jointed..
Winkgrin 

21" long stiles..a jack plane will do this job.

Stay tuned, for the next episode
Winkgrin
Ok, got a few rails ripped as well, and jointed them..

Set up a jig on the bench, and got out the Stanley 45, again..

These 2" wide stiles weren't too bad to do.  Came time to mill the same groove in the rails, I had to raised the 45's fence to just miss the jig.   Before I tried to mill the rails' grooves, needed to make some haunched tenons.    Langdon75 to do the shoulder cuts, bandsaw to make..

Dominos
Confused  a couple more cuts....

Then reset the jigs, and the fence on the 45....soon had all the grooves done...

Still need to chop a few mortises.    I can now size a few boards, to make a glued up panel,   then raise it with a few planes. 

Was getting too warm down in the shop, decided to stop, until it cools back down...
Rolleyes
Stay tuned, will try to get something  done, next time...
Rolleyes
Winkgrin
Wait, are those grooves centered?
Uhoh

Big Grin
(01-08-2018, 04:54 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Wait, are those grooves centered?
Uhoh

Big Grin
Yep.   All they need to do is hold the raised panel in place.....
(01-08-2018, 05:07 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Yep.   All they need to do is hold the raised panel in place.....

I need photographic evidence with a micrometer. Thousandths of an inch count!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, Bandit. Keep up the good work, I enjoy following your progress.
Smile