another build thread...
Ok, this morning got off to a late start...too many were sleeping in...
No 
Finally was able to fire the router up....

First groove.."Missed it by that much, Chief"   At least when I lay out the second panel, I can match this line..
Confused 
Second groove?
Confused 

Dead center...used this panel, to mark out the other panel, so things will match each other..I hope..
Uhoh 

Got the second panel all set up, was cutting the bottom groove...something snapped..
Confused
No
Upset 

I had a "spare" bit, but it had a single flute, and it was apparently DULL
Upset , all it did was burn it's way through to the end....

Went out looking to buy a new dovetail bit , local places had one, IF you wanted to buy an entire set of bits...NOT
Upset 
Finally tried Menard's...they had single bits, from CMT .    In an orange box.    Picked it, and a saw blade..

Wire wheel was from Harbor Freight.   Grinder needed a new one.   With all the running around, not much else got done today. 

With a little luck, I can try this new bit out.    And the new saw blade, as I have a little SKIL 6" circular saw to cut the plywood shelves with...old blade had hit a nail a while back....and NOBODY around here sells a 6", diamond knockout saw blade.   And, 6-1/2" blades will not fit( I tried).    Maybe I can make do with the 5-3/8" blade. 

Stay tuned, one of these days, I might just get something done
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(12-28-2017, 10:45 PM)bandit571 Wrote: .....And the new saw blade, as I have a little SKIL 6" circular saw to cut the plywood shelves with...old blade had hit a nail a while back....and NOBODY around here sells a 6", diamond knockout saw blade.   And, 6-1/2" blades will not fit( I tried).    Maybe I can make do with the 5-3/8" blade. 

Yep - don't use my handsaws to cut plywood either, or anything with nails in it....

Good looking project, keep up the good work!

We don't say enough about your threads, but we're all watching to see what comes next, yours are the first ones I read.  A lot of what you do is the way I work... but you just churn so much out that I never get around to, and then come tell us about it. Well done!
Skip

Saw blade is now on the saw, will take it for a test drive later today....new router bit?  Cuts like a new router bit should...
Yes 

Well enough with the router, time for the planes, again.

3/16" tongue cutter in the Stanley #45,  needed to cut one of these on the front edge of each panel..

The face frames will get a matching groove, to align the glue joints.   Got this done to both front panels, then had to set the Stanley#45, again.    Got out the #17 straight cutter, as I needed a rebate milled on the back edge of each panel..

That way, a 1/4" plywood panel for the back of the case can hide in..

Set these two side panels aside, for now.   Needed the joints milled, so I can size the shelves and webframes, so they don't stick out the back of the case.
Rolleyes 

Sooo, now I can cut the shelves to the size needed, and build the webframes for the drawers.  Maybe after Lunch?
Confused

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Hey. Cut down on your breaks will ya. We need updates asap.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-29-2017, 03:36 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hey. Cut down on your breaks will ya. We need updates asap.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Right now, I am waiting on a bowl of Beef flavoured Pho to settle.
Uhoh ...then MAYBE I can get back to work....
Winkgrin
(12-29-2017, 05:44 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Right now, I am waiting on a bowl of Beef flavoured Pho to settle.
Uhoh ...then MAYBE I can get back to work....
Winkgrin

Ok.

Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Years ago I had a 1/4" shank dovetail bit twist off and it came flying out and hit me in the mouth. Had to have 3 stiches in my bottom lip. It was then it occurred to me that 1/2" shank bits are a better idea and that I should hog most of the waste out first with a straight bit.
Crazy
Well, tried the saw out, to cut two plywood shelves out of a piece of 3/4" plywood...
Mad

Saw blade worked great...threw dust and chips everywhere,....that I was trying to see...  Set up that router with a fence..and the new bit..
Uhoh  

Had to add a board to give the router something more to slide on...
Rolleyes  

Then make this sort of cut about 8 times...

The cussing was getting a bit loud
Upset , finally, I was able to "hammer" things together....

And called it a night...have to save something for tomorrow's shoptime, right?
Winkgrin 

Stay tuned..
Set up the sliding mitresaw this morning..

You were expecting something with a cord?
Rolleyes 
Had a few 1 x 2s to cut to lengths, so I could build a webframe or two.
Figured out the size tenons I needed, and cut those

I do tenons first, then size the mortises to fit.   Dug out a jig, to do the mortises with.

Have used this little jig for a long time.   Fastened to the bench, I can clamp the part needing to be mortised.

Backsaw to saw at an angle. Mortise chisel digs a hole on the far end, and then pops the waste out...test fit?

One down, a few more to do.....stay tuned
Winkgrin
OK, part 2 of this morning's adventures..
Once I got the four mortises done for one webframe, decided to glue it up and install it...gets it out of my way.

Glue on the tenons, a clamp to pull things tight, a couple small nails to keep each joint until the glue dries.   Pilot holes in a "kicker", add a spot of glue, and a couple screws..

Kicker is merely to keep the drawer from tipping down, when pulled out too far.   Does not "guide" anything.   Just needs to be close to the center of the frame, and at least somewhat square.   Drilled three pilot holes on each end of the frame. grabbed a long clamp

Pilot holes are a bit oversized.   There is a dab of glue under the middle screw.  I also will be attaching the case's top to this frame.   Will use slotted holes through the frame, for that.  So far, so good..
Winkgrin 

All of this, before Lunch?
Rolleyes
Winkgrin   Need to build the other webframe, so the drawer will have something to slide on..
Winkgrin 
Next up?   maybe the face frame, and a back?   Attach the top, AFTER I get it flattened out
Rolleyes 

Stay tuned
Cool