another build thread...
Not a whole lot got done, today
Rolleyes 
I figured up how long to make the panel for the door's raised panel.   Had two planks about that length IN the shop, but needed a third...
Raised 
Trudged back upstairs, and hauled a plank to the shop....whew.   Cut a section that actually looked flat....
No 

Strated jointing all the edges..( I thought) until most matched each other.   Width was quite right, had to add a 2" wide strip.   Spalted edges will go to the outside edge.   Test fit in a couple  pipe clamps....Hmmm, a gap?  Took that board out, slammed it into the crochet, and added a c clamp....edge was worked over until that gap went away...ankle deep in shavings, from all this plane work ( or, is it just plain WORK?)

Another test fit....no gaps, a couple high spots I  can plane down later.....spread some glue around, and clamped things up, including a third pipe clamp on the top..

Third clamp is to get things from bowing up.....compost happens....the high spots?

Show up as shadow lines....we have ways ......maybe tomorrow, I can get this out of the clamps, and trim it to size, and start raising it.  

Unless I get bored tonight,  glue up can just sit right there.  
Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Ok, busy day, today...got the panel out of the clamps.   Needed to rip it to size, then do a bit of jointing, to remove the saw marks.

And, worked on some of the high spots...

Then clamp the panel so I could bevel the end grain....

jack plane did most of the work, the #4 then cleaned things up...

Once both end grains were done, then I beveled the edge grain as well....Makes a nice corner detail...

Had to flip the panel over, and work on the "inside" of the panel...

Had to keep sweeping the floor,was getting a bit deep.   Raised part is done. 
Stay tuned, as I needed more work to be done...
Ok, panel was a bit on the thick side, decided to add a rebate on the "inside" of the panel..

Something like this.   On the end grain. I used the Wards(Stanley) #78..

Got both ends done.  The spur on a #78 doesn't do that well, on edge grain, soooo

I set up the Stanley 45 to make the same cuts..without the spurs. 

Got all four rebates done....set the panel aside, and set up for a few mortises..

Stay tuned, more to come....was a very busy day..
Needed four mortises chopped...mortise chisel...

Ash was a bit rough on this one, had to bring out a few others...finally got a mortise to test fit..
Rolleyes 

The a couple more, and a dry fit..
Rolleyes 

Then got the last ones done...
Cool 

Door is actually laying on it's side.   Placed it in the end vise, so it could help hold things while glued and clamped it..
Winkgrin 

Will let this sit a while....for some reason, I am a bit tired
Rolleyes 
Stay tuned
Did you show how you did the bevels? I'm too lazy to look back.
(01-10-2018, 07:44 PM)Tynyyn Wrote: Did you show how you did the bevels?  I'm too lazy to look back.

Use the same way that Paul Sellers does.   Except I have the panel flat on the bench.    I go at a diagonal to the grain.   I do the end grain first, then the edge grain.   Edge grain..I simply hold the plane at an angle, and start working from the edge's top into a bevel.
PIP: Door is now installed..

Its really coming together now.
Cool
You get a nice pat on the back. I wish I could do things like that. I just lack ambition after a day of working for 'da man.
Retired soon to be 3 years ago....
Winkgrin 
Was going to try out a couple jointers, and call it a day...

Trying to get this board ready to use..

Kept thinking about it....finally  i hauled another plank to the shop..the last plank I have...D-112 handsaw to do the rough crosscuts

Then marked each up, and trimmed them until they matched each other...except in thickness...
No 
There was enough "good" wood left over, that a top shelf could be cut to size....had a small problem
Uhoh

It has a small knot..
Rolleyes not too bad, does not go all the way through
Cool 
I need to go back to my friend's shop, and buy a couple more planks of this Ash.   Face frame, shelves, and another door....
Will have to see IF I have anything to use as a back for it.  

Stay tuned....
Winkgrin