drilling template
I ordered a "two-pack" of Blum soft close hinges from Amazon.com (independent vendor, fulfilled by Amazon.com).

The package arrived (one day late) without any drilling template.  

In the past when I bought cup hinges they always came with a paper template that I could transfer to the work.  

Is it normal to have hinges arrive without the template?  I cannot imagine that it be.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-22-2017, 09:07 AM)Cooler Wrote: I ordered a "two-pack" of Blum soft close hinges from Amazon.com (independent vendor, fulfilled by Amazon.com).

The package arrived (one day late) without any drilling template.  

In the past when I bought cup hinges they always came with a paper template that I could transfer to the work.  

Is it normal to have hinges arrive without the template?  I cannot imagine that it be.

This might help:

https://www.blum.com/us/en/02/90/
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
They show installation instructions (nicely done) but don't offer any drilling pattern sheets.

I wrote to the vendor.  If they don't have the paper templates available I will return the hinges.

Blum does offer "2-packs" but I suspect the vendor plucked two hinges from a larger bulk package and made up their own "2-pack" and that is why the template is not included.

I should have ordered from Rockler.
(12-22-2017, 10:20 AM)Cooler Wrote: They show installation instructions (nicely done) but don't offer any drilling pattern sheets.

I wrote to the vendor.  If they don't have the paper templates available I will return the hinges.

Blum does offer "2-packs" but I suspect the vendor plucked two hinges from a larger bulk package and made up their own "2-pack" and that is why the template is not included.

I should have ordered from Rockler.

To get that paper template you likely are paying way more than you should.  If you buy Blum hinges from Rockler you definitely are; they make it convenient but at a steep premium.  I usually buy all things Blum from AH Turf.  You don't get a paper template, you don't get screws, either.  What you get is really low prices.  You can find the drilling pattern for any Blum hinge, slide, etc. from AH Turf's or Blum's website.  Laying out the drilling locations on your work with a combo. square will likely give you much better accuracy than folding and taping on a paper template.  

John
(12-22-2017, 11:55 AM)DaveR1 Wrote: You could make your own template based on the dimensions. As an example, this is based on Rockler's instructions for the Blum 110° BLUMotion Inset Frameless Hinge Instructions.

A PDF can be generated that gives you a full size pattern for printing.

Thanks for the replies.  I will look up AH Turf.
I just went to the AH Turf site.  I have not a clue how to figure out which pieces I need.  Is there a reference I can look at for this?

I just wanted a face frame inset hinge set.  They show only components.
(12-22-2017, 12:18 PM)Cooler Wrote: I just went to the AH Turf site.  I have not a clue how to figure out which pieces I need.  Is there a reference I can look at for this?

I just wanted a face frame inset hinge set.  They show only components.

I appears to that you select the hinge you want...

...and if you want the covers to hide the screws, you order them from the Accessories page.

I gather you aren't interested in the drilling pattern I drew up so I can delete it?
Never once have I gotten a paper template for hinges. I've never heard of that.
Blum makes many models of hinges.   Exactly which model did you get ?   Roly
The vendor emailed me the template. Thanks for the assist.

Cooler