Should a cordless tool's rechargeable battery be left on the charger when not in use?
I try to remember and pull mine out. I'd hate to come back and find my shop burnt down due to a fricking battery/charger malfunction.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-23-2017, 09:34 AM)TDKPE Wrote: That's interesting.  I had an Icom hand-held marine VHF radio where the manual recommends storage at about half-charge.

It's sitting on the bottom of Lake Ontario at the moment.  Probably about half charged, so the battery should last a good long time.  
Slap

Laugh
Laugh
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
A couple years back there was a thread about battery chargers starting fire. Ever since, I put my under cabinet lights and the charger on a strip outlet. When I go in the shop, I turn on the switch turning on the lights and the battery charger and top off the battery and then I'll swap out the dying one as needed. Mine are NiMh so they enjoy being mostly discharged before charging.
(12-26-2017, 11:55 PM)appletonrc Wrote: A couple years back there was a thread about battery chargers starting fire.  Ever since, I put my under cabinet lights and the charger on a strip outlet.  When I go in the shop, I turn on the switch turning on the lights and the battery charger and top off  the battery and then I'll swap out the dying one as needed.  Mine are NiMh so they enjoy being mostly discharged before charging.

I like your solution of turning on the lights and the charger at the same time! No fire risk and no dead or uncharged batteries.

Simon
I work for a battery manufacturer and if it’s a lithium ion battery it’s got a smart charger. So you’re good.

That said a while back I was worried about it too so I got a power strip with a switch for each outlet. I can just flip each charger on and off. What’s nice is my fan with a broken switch now has a switch lol.
Benny