New sink faucet
So the wife came home with a hundred dollar kitchen sink faucet and tells me its time to replace the old leaky one.  At around four a.m. this morning I get to work while she's asleep in the barkolounger.  Wonderful help mate.

The faucet is connected to the sink by a 6" threaded bolt and a 3/4" rusted nut.  Needless to say the nut was rusted to the bolt and there was no room for a wrench in the small space the faucet sits upon.  I hit it with some PB blaster and wait a few minutes.  A six inch pair of vice grips, some busted knuckles, under-my-breath swearing and one hour later the nut finally loosens. ^&(^$$&&**((^&*^^%&&%$*&%*&***()&)
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset

Open the new faucet box and read the instructions.  First thing is to run a bead of silicon around the plastic mating plate between the sink and the faucet base.  Run down to the store room and find a tube of clear silicone and my caulk gun only to get back in the heated kitchen to find out the silicone had gone bad.  
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset

Off to Walmart for a few items.  Seventy buck later and a couple of hours wasted with the MRS. I get back to the project and assemble the faucet and connect it to the sink.  Open the cocks and water sprays all over the inside of the sink cabinet. 
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset

Come to find out the hose which sends the water to the spout had a screw in joint which had not been tightened at the factory.
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset
Upset

So at ten a.m. this morning I finally finished my sink replacement project.  Not bad considering the labor was free, the wife never one bit(#3& and the sink faucet doesn't leak.  

Merry Christmas.
Sounds like most of my projects, they should take five minutes, but end up taking 5 hours. Glad you got it done
Brave man you are.
I would have waited until after Christmas.
Just a normal plumbing project  
Dodgy   Roly
It took an hour to undo the nut 'cause it couldn't hear your underbreath swearing .... got to do it real loud so the nut knows you mean business.  
Smile
Wifey wanted her shower to be hotter. We have a stupid anti scald feature on the handle and with the removal of a piece of plastic more hot water can flow through the shower head. So I turned off the water at the street, took a phillips head screwdriver to the bathroom, unscrewed the handle, unscrewed the water control valve nipple, and took off the anti scald cap off. Put all the bits and pieces back together and turned on the water. Hit the hot water handle and voile', hot water is gushing out of the spigot.

Two water projects taken care of in one day and the wife is a very happy lady. I think Christmas day will be very nice.
Curious... Did it say Silicon caulk or did it say silicon caulk of plumbers putty? I don't use silicon on plumbing fixtures with the exception of toilet bases and only sparingly, particularly since it's so hard to remove when necessary. If the nuts were rusted, it's probably been leaking a good while.

And, you'll have 1 man-point deducted for not owning a " Basin Wrench" $6 bux at Harbor Freight
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

If it is a self rimming SS sink, it may have been easier to pull the sink to change the faucet.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
(12-27-2017, 08:38 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Curious... Did it say Silicon caulk or did it say silicon caulk of plumbers putty? I don't use silicon on plumbing fixtures with the exception of toilet bases and only sparingly, particularly since it's so hard to remove when necessary. If the nuts were rusted, it's probably been leaking a good while.

And, you'll have 1 man-point deducted for not owning a " Basin Wrench" $6 bux at Harbor Freight

The instructions explicitly said NOT TO USE PLUMBERS PUTTY.  So I kept reading and it said clear silicone caulk.  Went down to wally world and got a tube and used it sparingly.  I suppose the silicone is to be used to keep water from penetrating to the hole in the sink.  I cannot think of why putty couldn't be used unless it creates a rust problem after several years.
(12-28-2017, 05:46 AM)Tynyyn Wrote: The instructions explicitly said NOT TO USE PLUMBERS PUTTY.  So I kept reading and it said clear silicone caulk.  Went down to wally world and got a tube and used it sparingly.  I suppose the silicone is to be used to keep water from penetrating to the hole in the sink.  I cannot think of why putty couldn't be used unless it creates a rust problem after several years.

One reason is that common plumbers putty will stain natural stone.   Roly