MAYTAG 850 Series Range - door handle
Upper oven handle loose on both ends.

One video [youtube] has a fairly detailed explanation of REPLACING a handle that has come loose at one end.

The whole door has to be taken apart!  [www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBwoMpwBeLk]

It is a different model from mine but the door appears to be the same.

My question:  has anyone had to do this task and found out that it isn't as simple as re-tightening the screws but a new handle [$63 + shipping!!] is required?

[http://www.appliancepartspros.com/parts-...75aab.html]

TIA and.........MERRY CHRISTMAS

J
Does it fasten to metal flanges attached to the door? Maybe they're fatigued and bent a little? Could you bend them back to their original shape? If it screws in from behind and the backing sheet metal is bending towards the handle, could you put a couple stainless washers in there to relieve the stress on the sheet metal and secure it tighter? Hard to tell from the diagram.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay