Kohler shower valve issue
Have a single handle Kohler shower valve about 1 year old. Every so often and at random it makes a very loud humming noise when it is in use. I am thinking it is the Pressure Balancing Unit that has something wrong with it.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Only hum or vibration I've heard from a shower valve is the long pipes rattling against something like a stud or against a loose pipe hanger. Could be the valve isn't secure. Can you take of the escutcheon plate and take a peek inside?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(12-24-2017, 01:07 PM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: Have a single handle Kohler shower valve about 1 year old.  Every so often and at random it makes a very loud humming noise when it is in use.  I am thinking it is the Pressure Balancing Unit that has something wrong with it.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Give Kohler's customer service a call.  They will know if it is the pressure balance unit or something else making the noise.   Roly
The plumber we had was extremely detail oriented, like Mike Holmes on steroids.

Nothing is loose and rattling. The noise that it randomly makes is a loud humming. Similar to when a toilet fill valve begins to fail
Gotcha

Then +1 on calling the manufacturer.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay