ShopSeries RK7240.1 Table saw help!
I have a ShopSeries RK4240.1 10" Table saw. The blade is no parallel with the fence or miter slots. I need to adjust the blade. I believe this is called heeling. HELP!!
I couldn't find a parts breakdown on-line, but would think that the entire motor assembly, including the blade tilt and elevation mechanisms, are bolted to the bottom of the saw table. If you loosen all the mounting bolts, that assembly should rotate enough to make the blade parallel to the slots. Get this as accurate as possible because even though you can compensate for some deviation with the rip fence, with the miter fence your stock will always drag on the back of the blade; basically it will only work on one side of the blade and your offcut will have tear-out on the top side and may not even be square.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(12-25-2017, 10:37 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I couldn't find a parts breakdown on-line, but would think that the entire motor assembly, including the blade tilt and elevation mechanisms, are bolted to the bottom of the saw table. If you loosen all the mounting bolts, that assembly should rotate enough to make the blade parallel to the slots. Get this as accurate as possible because even though you can compensate for some deviation with the rip fence, with the miter fence your stock will always drag on the back of the blade; basically it will only work on one side of the blade and your offcut will have tear-out on the top side and may not even be square.

I did that. I loosen all of the bolts and was not able to move anything. Yes, my biggest issue has been cuts that are not square.
(12-26-2017, 12:02 AM)NicRaber Wrote: I did that. I loosen all of the bolts and was not able to move anything. Yes, my biggest issue has been cuts that are not square.

I'm sorry you are having this experience with what I suspect might be your first table saw.  It seems that you have a project saw on your hands; removal of the bolts seems to be in order, and start with a round file to elongate the holes in either the top or the blade assembly (or both) to open them up a bit in the direction you are trying to adjust the assembly, reassembly, test, repeat as necessary.  Hard to say which holes, and how far.  This process is not for the faint of heart, as even if you can successfully adjust to the miter slots, the slots themselves might not be parallel and/or you could quite easily make the problem worse.  The fence is quite another issue.

If this is a new purchase, you might consider returning the saw, as a $140 table saw itself is not necessarily of the highest quality in terms of durability and safety (frankly, I'm amazed it could be marketed at that price point), and the saw will be a constant safety concern as you run a continual risk of binding cuts when ripping, leading to kickback and possible injury.  This is the real problem.  Then save up and get something from a reputable manufacturer like Dewalt, Makita or Bosch.  If purchased used, it might just be a boat anchor, because as described it appears to be unsafe.  A table saw made to the lowest common denominator of quality is not something you want to trust your body parts with.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I found the manual here...no topics addressed alignment to the slots. Here if you need it - manual.

There was a help line listed - Rockwell Shop Series Helpline 866-514- ROCK(7625), maybe they can help...worth a shot.