CNC made Steady Rest
Thumbs Up 
Sometimes I use my CNC for making wood parts, but other times I use it to make accessories for my traditional woodworking tools. Such as this steady rest I made for my lathe. 

[Image: kR7Zca.jpg]

This one is centered 8” off the bed for my Galaxi, and uses skateboard wheels as rollers. 
I will be posting a video on my YouTube channel, and probably offering the .dxf files as well. 
I have drawn them sized for lathes from 10” swing to 24”
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Great job!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

What brand of CNC router do you have Ralph?
Very cool.

Shame you didn't size your drawing to handle a real man's lathe (Robust AB is 25" swing)
Smile
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Looks like you didn't wipe off the glue squeeze out there.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Now that is REALLY nice Ralph and well done to.

Just a question tho.  How does it hold up vs the solid one?  Will it support it as well and not shake or anything else?

I really like it because you can almost always either keep it on the lathe or easily put it on while the object is still on the lathe.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-28-2017, 01:39 PM)sniper Wrote: Very cool.

Shame you didn't size your drawing to handle a real man's lathe (Robust AB is 25" swing)
Smile

I can draw one up for you in that size if you want!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
(12-27-2017, 09:48 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: What brand of CNC router do you have Ralph?

I have one of the original CNC Shark units. Literally 10 years old now. I am looking at upgrading, but for now it meets my needs. About a 22” square working envelop.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
(12-28-2017, 01:53 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Looks like you didn't wipe off the glue squeeze out there.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Did not on purpose, call it a fillet!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
(12-28-2017, 02:17 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Now that is REALLY nice Ralph and well done to.

Just a question tho.  How does it hold up vs the solid one?  Will it support it as well and not shake or anything else?

I really like it because you can almost always either keep it on the lathe or easily put it on while the object is still on the lathe.
Yes

Arlin, is it as rigid as a cast iron unit? Not at all. It also cost me about $30.00 and can be made in almost any size.

The top section does vibrate a bit when running at high rpm, but that does not seem to effect the hold. The wheels are just very slightly squishy, so they keep the part running true even with the top moving a bit. I have some video showing it running and I used t to turn the part seen in the photo.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com