Perseverance
In December a fellow Navy veteran, Senior Chief Patternmaker, passed. I was accorded the honor of becoming the custodian for most of his working tools. The Victor vise is a very early version of what ultimately became the Emmert.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice score.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Would love to see more pics....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
You are a very fortunate man! I've always been a little in awe of patternmakers. Is patternmaking still an active trade, or has the computer rendered it obsolete?
If they were such an honor to get, why are you already breaking them up and selling them? Or is that why you wanted them in the first place?  
Confused
My tools, my choice
(01-01-2018, 07:49 AM)Gentleman Jim Wrote: My tools, my choice

So it wasn’t so much of an honor then, just an opportunity to make a few bucks. It is a shame to see pieces of history like this broken up just to cash out. Your choice, my opinion...
(01-01-2018, 08:54 AM)jlanciani Wrote: So it wasn’t so much of an honor then, just an opportunity to make a few bucks. It is a shame to see pieces of history like this broken up just to cash out. Your choice, my opinion...

In my view, the shame would be to allow these fine tools to languish unused, relics of a dying art form. I'm with Jim: get them into the hands of someone who will put them to work and appreciate them for their utility, as they were intended. There's honor in that.
(01-01-2018, 09:20 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: In my view, the shame would be to allow these fine tools to languish unused, relics of a dying art form. I'm with Jim: get them into the hands of someone who will put them to work and appreciate them for their utility, as they were intended. There's honor in that.

Jlanci needs to buy all the tools and then arrange them in a shrine to light a candle by every night.  Then, both Jim and Jlanci win.  Jim gets his cash and Jlanci can deify the tools.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(01-01-2018, 08:54 AM)jlanciani Wrote: So it wasn’t so much of an honor then, just an opportunity to make a few bucks. It is a shame to see pieces of history like this broken up just to cash out. Your choice, my opinion...

(01-01-2018, 10:03 AM)Splinter Puller Wrote: Jlanci needs to buy all the tools and then arrange them in a shrine to light a candle by every night.  Then, both Jim and Jlanci win.  Jim gets his cash and Jlanci can deify the tools.

OP is a tool collector/salesman.  As many on here are.

I think maybe the tone of his post was misinterpreted, and perhaps poorly worded.