Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax
If you had to buy a new all in one Printer, Scanner, Copier, and Fax injet printer today what brand and model will you buy. My HP finally gave up. It figures too because I just bought new ink for it. It does not turn on any more. Tried unplugging to reset both ends of power chord. Disconnected computer cable and still nothing. I tried hitting it too[Image: smile.gif] Probably about 6 years old. Rather not have wireless, heard too many horror stories there. Prefer injet over laser for cheaper ink cartridges. Make lots of copies. I use all aspects of these devices so can not be without one or other. Does anyone know of a new unit that uses HP 02 ink cartridges?? 

I will take your list and any things to specifically look for. Thanks in advance.
John T.
(12-31-2017, 10:49 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: If you had to buy a new all in one Printer, Scanner, Copier, and Fax injet printer today what brand and model will you buy. My HP finally gave up. It figures too because I just bought new ink for it. It does not turn on any more. Tried unplugging to reset both ends of power chord. Disconnected computer cable and still nothing. I tried hitting it too[Image: smile.gif] Probably about 6 years old. Rather not have wireless, heard too many horror stories there. Prefer injet over laser for cheaper ink cartridges. Make lots of copies. I use all aspects of these devices so can not be without one or other. Does anyone know of a new unit that uses HP 02 ink cartridges?? 

I will take your list and any things to specifically look for. Thanks in advance.

My ink jet gets used so little that the ink keeps clogging so I am contemplating a multi function laser.  Don't need color for home.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(12-31-2017, 10:50 PM)Splinter Puller Wrote: My ink jet gets used so little that the ink keeps clogging so I am contemplating a multi function laser.  Don't need color for home.

I use mine almost every day. So no problem there. If anyone is giving me brand names please give me model numbers too so I can look them up. I know all the brands out there but do not know models. Thanks. Yes it has to be inkjet.
John T.
(12-31-2017, 11:25 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: I use mine almost every day. So no problem there. If anyone is giving me brand names please give me model numbers too so I can look them up. I know all the brands out there but do not know models. Thanks. Yes it has to be inkjet.

Have you ever considered  refilling your cartridge? It saves a ton of money. But, there are very few new printers that can
be refilled. The Canon Pro 100 is one. It always is on sale with a rebate at B&H Photo, etc. There are many Youtube videos. The series by Jose Rodrigues is excellent. It's not an al-in-one, but you can add a scanner easily.
You can refill an entire set of cartridges for  $3-4.
 If you don't want to refill, look at Canon's Maxify line.
Canon MX452. Love it,works great. As for refilled cartridges,some of them are not worth the plastic they are made from.My Canon has 2 cartridges,black and color,I buy them on Amazon.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Whatever you do, stay away from any more HP products. Our last printer (HP) went belly up last year after about 8 good years of service. Thinking HP was still the king of ink jets I ordered a new one. Within 3 weeks it quit working (this was an Envy 76something model), error message that the photo tray had a problem. Called HP, was told to trouble shoot...that was simply unplugging the printer for 15 seconds and see what happened (nothing, same error code). They agreed to replace the printer. The first replacement was a "certified refurbished" printer (for my brand new one) and it wouldn't even power up. Went through the phone call crap again and was told another one was coming. Second one (another "certified refurbished") showed up and started having the same error code within 2 weeks. Another call, same trouble shooting, and another printer. This one actually worked for about 2 months...then the same error code; although this time if I restarted the printer, the code would clear and it would work. I've given up on HP, they are now "also ran" in my book. I ordered a brother laser printer, and think I'll get a Canon inkjet. But whatever you do...pass on HP to whatever brand is next.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-01-2018, 07:33 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Whatever you do, stay away from any more HP products. Our last printer (HP) went belly up last year after about 8 good years of service. Thinking HP was still the king of ink jets I ordered a new one. Within 3 weeks it quit working (this was an Envy 76something model), error message that the photo tray had a problem. Called HP, was told to trouble shoot...that was simply unplugging the printer for 15 seconds and see what happened (nothing, same error code). They agreed to replace the printer. The first replacement was a "certified refurbished" printer (for my brand new one) and it wouldn't even power up. Went through the phone call crap again and was told another one was coming. Second one (another "certified refurbished") showed up and started having the same error code within 2 weeks. Another call, same trouble shooting, and another printer. This one actually worked for about 2 months...then the same error code; although this time if I restarted the printer, the code would clear and it would work. I've given up on HP, they are now "also ran" in my book. I ordered a brother laser printer, and think I'll get a Canon inkjet. But whatever you do...pass on HP to whatever brand is next.

You can't go wrong with the Canon inkjet.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(01-01-2018, 07:33 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Whatever you do, stay away from any more HP products. Our last printer (HP) went belly up last year after about 8 good years of service. Thinking HP was still the king of ink jets I ordered a new one. Within 3 weeks it quit working (this was an Envy 76something model), error message that the photo tray had a problem. Called HP, was told to trouble shoot...that was simply unplugging the printer for 15 seconds and see what happened (nothing, same error code). They agreed to replace the printer. The first replacement was a "certified refurbished" printer (for my brand new one) and it wouldn't even power up. Went through the phone call crap again and was told another one was coming. Second one (another "certified refurbished") showed up and started having the same error code within 2 weeks. Another call, same trouble shooting, and another printer. This one actually worked for about 2 months...then the same error code; although this time if I restarted the printer, the code would clear and it would work. I've given up on HP, they are now "also ran" in my book. I ordered a brother laser printer, and think I'll get a Canon inkjet. But whatever you do...pass on HP to whatever brand is next.

I posted this on a few forumas and heard this before too. Cannon seems to be getting the nod the most. 

I have tried refilling my cartridges but just not the same ink. Once started the ink does not last as long either. I use this almost everyday for making patterns and use for pen making of decals and photos. If I could have gotten this printer to turn on I probably would not be here asking. I called HP and they want to charge me $28 to talk to me. That is not happening. 

Thanks everyone for the replys.
John T.
(01-01-2018, 01:56 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: I posted this on a few forumas and heard this before too. Cannon seems to be getting the nod the most. 

I have tried refilling my cartridges but just not the same ink. Once started the ink does not last as long either. I use this almost everyday for making patterns and use for pen making of decals and photos. If I could have gotten this printer to turn on I probably would not be here asking. I called HP and they want to charge me $28 to talk to me. That is not happening. 

Thanks everyone for the replys.

I like HP printers when they work.When ttherte is a problem, HP customer service is unbelivably bad.
My horror story is too long to explain in detail. Briefly, after many hours of concerstions over a two week period, the problem ramained unrolved. No mor HP for me.
For 11x17 prints, Brother MFC-J6710 or current equivalent.  been working for 4-5 years.
They told me anybody could do it, but I showed them.