Insane pricing on Steelex 15" helical planer
I read their terms and conditions a long time ago- I remembered, errors go to the dealer.

I must wonder though, once they swipe your card and accepted the payment and it is in shipping status...........................?
If it arrives, you definitely don’t need to send it back
Seriously, I would have bought 10 of them for resale at 1,320 bucks.
Winkgrin
(01-02-2018, 11:11 AM)JimV Wrote: Just got the "We f'cked up" email from Grizzly.   Order cancelled.

I cant even count how many times I've seen this happen over the last 15 years. Ill confess, same thing happened to me in the probably 12 years ago, woodcraft had something (I dont even remember what it was...some stationary powermatic tool) that they omitted a zero off the post....and a bunch of people ordered it and pissed and moaned when they pulled back and pointed to the "they will not honor pricing website errors". 

When something is not legit, you can tell right away. This is another case.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(01-02-2018, 02:07 PM)daddo Wrote: I must wonder though, once they swipe your card and accepted the payment and it is in shipping status...........................?

For charges to clear it takes a few days (look sometime, a charge will be pending, till the merchant finishes the process). The merchant can always cancel the transaction, and will without money physically leaving your account.....its a dollar hold....and it happens every time there is an authorization. 

Anyone that thinks just because there was a CC authorization means there is a contractual obligation.....I have to ask then what are all the people standing at the return lines at retailer doing. I mean you walked in and gave your CC and there was an authorization....and the company delivered it and the product is yours and you left. Then changed your mind. Even if the store doesn't take it back, you can go the the CC issuer to get your money. 

At the end of the day, when a deal is too good to be true, it is. 

I remember when I worked at the bank, there was a situation where things posted twice overnight in the batching for an hour on some accounts. It was caught and corrected within the hour (again in the middle of the night). Well there was one guy that saw he had a bunch of money in his account and ran to an ATM to transfer it to his savings account, then the next day when his account was a couple grand in the whole....tried to raise holy heck. All that had to be done is hand him the account terms and conditions....its in there.....bank errors aren't the customers windfall. This isn't monopoly.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

While I agree with you. Your example about returns is a bad one because the store has a return policy which dictates returns. But you’re right. I love all these people moaning all over the web. One guy on the wood whispered Facebook group actually contacted his states attorney generals office. I think there may have been one or two cases where I saw stores honor the error. Wasn’t there a sears screwup on something years ago on here?
(01-02-2018, 09:04 PM)Wipedout Wrote: While I agree with you. Your example about returns is a bad one because the store has a return policy which dictates returns.  But you’re right.  I love all these people moaning all over the web.  One guy on the wood whispered Facebook group actually contacted his states attorney generals office.  I think there may have been one or two cases where I saw  stores honor the error.   Wasn’t there a sears screwup on something years ago on here?
that was the woodsharp 3000 for 19 bucks, hd did the same for 60, but they honered it though
I just clicked the link and got this:

Buy Now!
Reg. $2,155.00
$1,795.00
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I’m upset that Grizzly wouldn’t let me take advantage of an obvious error and rip them off. I’m going to sue.
(01-03-2018, 09:11 AM)Mike7759 Wrote: I’m upset that Grizzly wouldn’t let me take advantage of an obvious error and rip them off. I’m going to sue.

Probably enough of us to make it a class-action.
"There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other is that heat comes from the furnace." - Aldo Leopold