Insane pricing on Steelex 15" helical planer
They could sell it to you for that price and then tack on $1795 shipping
(01-03-2018, 02:51 PM)fixtureman Wrote: They could sell it to you for that price and then tack on $1795 shipping
If you ever shop on Walmart's online website you will find some of their vendors doing just that.  Amazon too.  I saw some very low priced cedar shingles but the shipping was close to $400.00 or about 10 times the purchase price.

If you don't realize the error in advance I am fairly certain that shipping charges are not refundable.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-03-2018, 04:40 PM)Cooler Wrote: If you ever shop on Walmart's online website you will find some of their vendors doing just that.  Amazon too.  I saw some very low priced cedar shingles but the shipping was close to $400.00 or about 10 times the purchase price.

If you don't realize the error in advance I am fairly certain that shipping charges are not refundable.
Some E-bay sellers do it to.  Pay-Pal fees do not include shipping costs.  Buy something for $.01.  Pay $40 in shipping.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(01-04-2018, 10:12 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: Some E-bay sellers do it to.  Pay-Pal fees do not include shipping costs.  Buy something for $.01.  Pay $40 in shipping.

Im sure that might be a reason.....but I think the real angle is trying to skirt sellers fees. They charge on the "sale price" and nothing on shipping.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(01-05-2018, 01:48 AM)packerguy® Wrote: Im sure that might be a reason.....but I think the real angle is trying to skirt sellers fees. They charge on the "sale price" and nothing on shipping.

I was thinking E-Bay fees.  Don't know why I typed Pay-Pal.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(01-05-2018, 01:48 AM)packerguy® Wrote: Im sure that might be a reason.....but I think the real angle is trying to skirt sellers fees. They charge on the "sale price" and nothing on shipping.

Last item or two I sold there, I got a % charge for my shipping costs. I'm fairly sure that was included in my selling fees. I'd have to got back and check to be 100% positive of that.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

eBay figured that one out already, you pay a fee based on the entire transaction amount not just the sale price.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Yep, eBay made that change at least 4-5 years ago. Too many jerks where selling items at 99 cents and charging 99buck for shipping.