New Year, New Gig
I'm pleased to announce that I have agreed to edit "American Period Furniture" the annual journal of the Society of American Period Furniture Makers, aka SAPFM. SAPFM is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to furthering knowledge about historic American furniture. "American Period Furniture" is my idea of what a woodworking publication ought to be; the physical book is absolutely beautiful with great paper that allows the photos and illustrations to appear their best, and the content is written by folks who really know their stuff. Articles are in depth and go places that commercial magazines don't. To receive "American Period Furniture" you need to be a member of SAPFM, and there are many other benefits to membership. It's a community of like-minded folks who are passionate about old furniture, how it was made way back when, and how to make good reproductions in today's world.

Click Here For More Info About SAPFM Membership.

Get in touch with me if you're interested in submitting an article. While this is an important position for me, it isn't full time, so I will continue to write, teach and publish independently. More info about all of that at my website (link below my signature).
Bob Lang
ReadWatchDo.com
(01-02-2018, 10:28 AM)Bob Lang Wrote: I'm pleased to announce that I have agreed to edit "American Period Furniture" the annual journal of the Society of American Period Furniture Makers, aka SAPFM. SAPFM is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to furthering knowledge about historic American furniture. "American Period Furniture" is my idea of what a woodworking publication ought to be; the physical book is absolutely beautiful with great paper that allows the photos and illustrations to appear their best, and the content is written by folks who really know their stuff. Articles are in depth and go places that commercial magazines don't. To receive "American Period Furniture" you need to be a member of SAPFM, and there are many other benefits to membership. It's a community of like-minded folks who are passionate about old furniture, how it was made way back when, and how to make good reproductions in today's world.

Click Here For More Info About SAPFM Membership.

Get in touch with me if you're interested in submitting an article. While this is an important position for me, it isn't full time, so I will continue to write, teach and publish independently. More info about all of that at my website (link below my signature).

Very Cool!
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Congrats, Bob!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Way to go Bob!  The magazine is top notch and each year it is better than the last.  This will be some hard work.  Thanks for stepping up.  SAPFM is an exceptional organization.  For those that aren't members you should seriously consider joining.  Through SAPFM I have met, talked with, and received help from some of the best woodworkers out there.  Truly the most well run and enjoyable organization/club I have ever belonged to.

Lonnie
Congratulations Bob, sounds very exciting for you!
Very cool, its a wonderful publication.

We just started a new chapter here in Dallas a month or so ago.

Cory
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Congrats to you, Bob!  I've always found your writing to be very straightforward and easy to follow.  I'm sure your red pencil will enhance the quality of the magazine.  It's always a good thing to be working in a field you're passionate about.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Best wishes, Bob.
(01-02-2018, 02:16 PM)Phil S. Wrote: Best wishes, Bob.

Congrats, Bob. I should be so talented as some of those folks.
Sad
BontzSawWorks.net
This reminds me, I need to renew my membership.
Crazy