What I’m working on..
Wife wants another bed for guests. But it has to go in her sewing room. I suggested a motel. But that idea hit the ground. So....might get it done someday. I designed it myself and keep running into engineering challenges.

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-02-2018, 05:30 PM)Mike7759 Wrote: Wife wants another bed for guests. But it has to go in her sewing room. I suggested a motel. But that idea hit the ground. So....might get it done someday. I designed it myself and keep running into engineering challenges.

That's a difficult project to design.  I bought the Murphy bed kit, and it was still a challenge!

Attached Files Image(s)

This one has a desk that stays level as the bed goes down. I didn’t like the all plywood plans that came with the mechanism. But the arm that holds the desk really gets torqued on by the lift springs. I attached the arms to the front panel with dominos and screws. It held but the front stiles didn’t. One cracked. So my plan is to cut them off with a multi tool (plunge cut them) along with the wood behind them. Rebuild the arms with 1 1/2 inch tenons and mortises into to underlying plywood. There a bedframe made from 2x2 stock around the bottom of the bed. I’ll use MILLER dowels to peg the tenon. That should hold the bi... but it’s going to be some precision plunge routing to make the mortise. Hope I don’t screw it up.
I agree with your motel suggestion.People put too much emphasis on the comfort of guests.Make them too comfortable and you will never get rid of the freeloaders.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
We turned the kids rooms into useable space as they grew up and moved out.  One room became my home office, and gun room where all my armorer's work was done.  Nice to have a space organized for my stuff after all those years.  Next room became Tina's fly tying room and sewing room.  When we had guests, we had a "really nice" 
Cool inflatable queen size bed and set it up in the living room.  If my parents came, we slept on the inflatable and gave them our room.  No guest room.  No guest bath room.

We had both for a short while, and noticed folks coming thru town would call and before even a hello...
"Is my room available" 
Angry
After the change, no one calls to ask if the inflatable is available. 
No
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.