Lee Valley Free Shipping ends Jan. 8
Heart 
Don't say I didn't warn ya'.
[Image: Veritas_ShoulderPlanes_640.jpg]
Cian - adding no value whatsoever
Yeah, shopping cart emptied out again.  I had been slipping things I needed in the cart, and there aren't that many, but I just bought a load of auger bits from a member so I needed a special file to sharpen them.  I needed a brass brush for the grinder to clean them up too. Both went into the cart.  Brass box feet... needed a set and always try and keep them on hand... 
No Nope, I was out. Couple sets in the cart.  Big item?

I tried my hand at carving with dull cheap chisels... 
Upset. I got the job done, but I think the outcome may have been better with quality tools.  Polled the gallery, and put a set of palm chisels in the cart.. and waited.  Boom... pulled the trigger today.  Customer loyalty Rob.... thanks.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Rob's Router plane is singing it's song.  Lord knows I don't need it - already got a couple Stanley 71 planes in the stable.  Heck, I even bought Rob's new blades to use in the old planes.  I just gotta hold out and make it through the 8th... 
Crazy
Got some sharpening stuff.  Trying to decide whether to go back and order some toys...probably won't.
The clock is running down for this free mailer. I am struggling with sizing hardware for a chest; about 16"d x 18-19"t x 24"w. I'd like to use antiqued brass, even treat bright yellow brass. But LV spec's. have little detail beyond rough over all dimensions. Conflicts with availability of all the elements in harmonious style(s) is exasperating.

After a year of balloon-like inflation-deflation, I finally fixed a size constraint for the box. BTW, it has little to do with romantic ratios. Which may be why I am unhappy with the proportions, and keep fiddling.
Some are just scraping along...
[Image: Veritas_Scraper112.jpg]
Cian - adding no value whatsoever
Must resist.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(01-06-2018, 05:20 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Must resist.

AS IF.  Like what don't you have?!?? 
Laugh
(01-05-2018, 04:44 PM)Cian Wrote: Rob's Router plane is singing it's song.  Lord knows I don't need it - already got a couple Stanley 71 planes in the stable.  

Do it, you won't regret it.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I kinda hate it when they offer free shipping....

Two separate orders placed - so far.
Sarcasm 

Dave
Showing no will power whatsoever.
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."