Which Snowblower?
I figure by the time it snows here again, I'll have lost the manual and forgotten where the key is.
(01-25-2018, 06:56 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Glad you got a new blower. You realize you will get no more snow this winter, right?

I dunno.  Everyone told me that when I bought mine.  I think I used it 10-12 times that first winter. 
Uhoh 
Laugh
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(01-13-2018, 03:27 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Coincidentally, the Sears I gave my Dad 25 years ago (he passed away 13 years ago) sat dormant in my mother's garage until I took it home a month ago.  I actually got it going, but the rod knock made it sound like a diesel.  I just got finished clearing my FIL's driveway with it and it threw the rod on the last pass, poking a hole in the side.  My ears are still warming up and my pant legs are wet as I post this.  
Laugh

Gotta find an engine for that machine (same as mine - 5 hp Tecumseh Snow King), as I'm just getting too old to shovel his driveway all winter.  
Sad

(01-25-2018, 06:56 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Glad you got a new blower. You realize you will get no more snow this winter, right?

I sure hope so.  I just put a new engine on mine, which was grossly underpowered (same 5 hp Snow King as my Dad's, above).  6.5 hp.  Harbor Freight.  $99 with super coupon.  
Laugh  Put my old but well maintained engine on my Dad's, which has a smaller impeller and seems to be a good fit for that engine, as it would just power through but not throw it as far as mine.  I'm ready. 

Here's to hoping no more snow, especially since we're already about a foot ahead of the average to-date total.
Big Grin
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
If I knee that buying a new snowblower would mean no snow I would be buying one every fall.

Big Grin 
As I get older I'm glad I have one.  Replaced a little 5 HP Murray I picked up used, with a 8 HP Yardman 26" about 5 years ago.  We have it tuned up every year when the Ag Mech Club has the clinic fund raiser at the University. This past weekend we got clobbered in WI near the Twin Cities, first time was 9" of snow, then about 4-5" after that official said 7", I don't believe it. The Yardman made quick work of the heavy stuff.  I am starting to look at the new ones though, with all the bells and whistles. I also need to get one the wife can use more easily, or at least until my friend quits his trucking job and goes back to being retired and plows in the winter.  [Image: yellowsmile.gif] Thanks for all the information, I may be looking. Dan
Well I got to use it!
Held off putting gas in it and starting it hoping there would be no snow until next winter.
Worked great even with the wet snow falling here.
If I had to shovel this $hit, I'd probably be dead.
This may be one of those times I don't want to say "congrats".
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Had a used Toro from the first 12 years of my adult life. It was good, but too light IMHO. Motor was a tecumseh and was a beast. It was about 25 years old, so it started needing yearly repairs and it didnt have electric start so I gave it to a friend as backup and bought new. 

I narrowed it down to New toro or a new Ariens. I decided to get the Ariens for a number of reasons. Ive had it 3 seasons now and love every aspect of it except one. It doest start below 26F. Not at all. It says its a cold start motor....followed directions to a "t". Not, just cranks. 

Started with using non-oxy gas....didnt think about the needing more of a spark to ignite due to higher octane....so I switched to regular and it didnt stat in the shed when it was below 26F last year. Started really hard once when it was about 30F. In the fall, it turned right over, and then last spring at the end of the season, turned right over. 
Confused Tried again in fall, fired right up. Day before the first snow this winter, tried it in the shed, just cranked...didnt fire. Got angry, brought it into the shop....and fired up after 30 minutes in there. Been doing that all winter with no issues. 

Love the electric start. I will never have another snowblower without it.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

needs a block heater.

I had a snowblower once.  It was a flapper type.  I liked it a lot, and it would probably work pretty well here in Pennsylvania.  But I never bothered to get another after I gave that one away when we moved from Utah.
(03-07-2018, 06:00 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Love the electric start. I will never have another snowblower without it.

I have one on my Honda.  Never had to use it, it always starts on the first pull.  Just blew 12" of packed, wet snow here in NW NJ, and it was a champ.  Best money I ever spent, and its been 15 years.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis