Pedestal sink
I would cut out a slot to slip a piece of wood in the wall as a backer to spread the weight then patch the drywall and mount the sink.  Mollies and expansion bolts won't hold
I'm a little surprised that it pulled free.  There is almost no stress on a sink attached over a pedestal.  The pedestal carries the weight; the anchors only keep if from tipping over.  I would think even the lightest grade of anchor would hold.

(Unless you are using it as a step ladder to reach above.)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Well depending on the size of the hole there's EZ-anchors which are typically bigger than plastic anchors. Or toggle bolts and you could put a nut and washer over the hole?
(01-07-2018, 12:26 PM)matthewstimp Wrote: We have a pedestal sink in our downstairs bathroom that was originally attached to the dry wall with plastic anchors.  Those anchors have pulled out and in doing so, created a fairly large hole in the drywall (relatively speaking).  The hole is too large for any anchor now, and of course an anchor would not hold if I just patched the hole.  

I need to get this sink secured to the wall.  If this was your issue to handle, what would you do?

Thanks,
Matt

I would take it out, fix the wall, and build a vanity sink in its place.  Exactly what I'm gonna do in our half bath one of these days soon... and the pedestal sink is still firmly attached to the wall.  Kinda not level, and kinda not centered.
The previous owner of my house installed a vanity where once a wall mounted sink was.  In doing so he covered 2½ feet of a 5 foot run of baseboard heat.  

The interior of the vanity was comfy-warm.  The bathroom, not so much.

I replaced the vanity with one I constructed using legs (8" tall) that cleared the baseboard heater.  The bathroom is much warmer now.

So I favor a vanity for the bathroom as long as it does not compromise the following:

1.  Heat

2.  Shoulder room from an adjoining toilet.

Another alternative is a wall-mounted vanity, but in that case it had better be mounted directly to the studs:

[Image: 9b07ec3b5a6a1781509a6886c95b9aac--bathro...vanity.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I'm pretty sure I put 2x4 blocking in behind the pedestal sink I put in our last house.  It was in the spare bath, so storage was no big deal.  And I'm pretty comfortable doing drywall.

i tend to go a little overbuilt most of the time.  I'll bet someone was using the sink as a step ladder.