Variable Speed Midi Lathes
(01-12-2018, 11:41 PM)Tapper Wrote: Cian, thanks for this link. Did not know this mod was available. I was talking to a friend recently who is an experienced turner (after I posted this thread) about this and he said that changing speeds on my Delta lathe is not difficult. I'll need to get some experience with it and see how it goes. Thanks to all who responded!

Doug
I have one of those motors in the garage somewhere Doug..I bought it for my Jet but never installed it..I found it wasn't necessary...Now I plan to use it on a variable speed belt grinder I am building for sharpening, if I ever get around to it.
Rolleyes
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-13-2018, 09:45 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..............
I have one of those motors in the garage somewhere Doug..I bought it for my Jet but never installed it..I found it wasn't necessary...Now I plan to use it on a variable speed belt grinder I am building for sharpening, if I ever get around to it.
Rolleyes  
Big Grin

I'm actually considering getting one of those to dedicate to a bullet case trimming head.
(01-13-2018, 11:45 PM)Cian Wrote: I'm actually considering getting one of those to dedicate to a bullet case trimming head.
Cian, IIRC the motor has an oddball sized shaft which can complicate things..If I remember correctly, it is 14mm...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset