Space Heater dirty fuel tank
My small kerosene space heater forced air 75000 BTU unit stopped running due to clogged fuel filter.  I have drained the tank however  there are globs of sludge I can see thru the filler cap remaining inside.  Wondering just how to clean it all out?  Hot water with garden hose? or ?? Then how to remove any residual water that may remain? I can pick it up shake it while inverted but some most likely will remain.  Yes I have a new filter standing by.

Regards,
Bill
Use a little kerosene and slush it around then dump into a bucket
(01-07-2018, 03:58 PM)fixtureman Wrote: Use a little kerosene and slush it around then dump into a bucket

+1

OP, don't use water.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If sloshing with kero doesn't dislodge the gunk I'd hold it upside down and hit it with some carb cleaner or similar spray, then flush with kero before filling to clean any volitiles from the spray.

Make sure you flush the lines between tank and filter.

Good luck!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(01-07-2018, 06:23 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: If sloshing with kero doesn't dislodge the gunk I'd hold it upside down and hit it with some carb cleaner or similar spray, then flush with kero before filling to clean any volitiles from the spray.

Make sure you flush the lines between tank and filter.

Good luck!

Thanks to all, sounds like the best plan to flush it out.  I did replace all the fuel and  air lines and made sure the nozzle is clean.
Bill
Use a good screening filter when refilling it.