Weekend project: Block plane
Technically, it's a small smoother, cuz it is bevel down.

It's genuine mahogany with a tung oil finish. Hock blade.

It's incredibly comfortable to use. The shape was more or less just a whim--it seemed like it would be really comfortable--but it worked out almost perfectly.

If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
Looks nice. I see the steel pin. Something reclaimed?
I bought some brass for my pin.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-08-2018, 01:39 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Looks nice. I see the steel pin. Something reclaimed?
I bought some brass for my pin.

The steel was just what I happened to have on hand. The wood was a small cut off, too, so it's all basically scrap material (except I never think of mahogany as scrap, lol).
Beautiful, just beautiful.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
That thing is gorgeous, nice work.
Cool
Great plane. Be sure to sign and date it.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(01-08-2018, 01:32 AM)MattP Wrote: Technically, it's a small smoother, cuz it is bevel down.

It's genuine mahogany with a tung oil finish. Hock blade.

It's incredibly comfortable to use. The shape was more or less just a whim--it seemed like it would be really comfortable--but it worked out almost perfectly.

Very Nice!

did you make the adjusting hammer as well? looks cool
Shocked 
Yeah, I made the adjusting hammer as well. I like it a lot, but it needs to be a bit longer (TWSS ). The head is filled with epoxy for weight, as that's just a bit of copper plumbing.