Tablesaw Choices - I went Minimax SC3
Ooof.. I may have made a mistake. Its not listed on the SCM Group North American site, but its listed on their European site.

https://www.scmgroup.com/en_US/scmwood/p...e-saws.896
versus
https://www.scmgroup.com/en_GB/scmwood/p...e-saws.896

Maybe its just discontinued in the US, which would be good as I could still get parts. I will order the belts when I have some time and see if they will ship them from Europe.
Follow up.  I heard nothing from SCM Group and was ready to call the credit card company to say they missed the NLT 4/27/2018 date.  Then on Tuesday 5/1 a box arrived on a pallet with parts.  I have not had a chance to open it, but its rather humorous in a twisted way that they never bothered to ship when 70% of the parts were available, and they waited until 4/27 to ship.
I hope all your missing or damaged parts are in there. 

Now you will have to decide on keeping the Incra fence or using the stock one.
What a mess......
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

This reads like a poor "sit-com"!

Wouldn't guys love to see this go to court and we got to be on the jury?  Yep, I'm a dreamer.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
the moral of this story seems to be that when ordering WW machines as a hobbyist, the more esoteric machines might not be the best choice.

I don't see how anyone here faults your behavior in trying to make things right. Seems to me you've been more patient than I would have.

keep updating the thread.
Jason
Mesurei, cutti, cursi

Sorry for getting here late as I picked up your thread from someone asking about SCM/Minimax machines. After reading this entire thing, all I can say is Pondracer you must be a true saint of a man, I'd have probably exploded from rage. I'm not an easy going guy at all and no one I know or have met would ever say I am. The fact that you remained any semblance of calm after their first response of "screw you" amazes me.

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing that story and your ability to stay even relatively calm and rise above the whole thing, I learned a great deal about what to look for when purchasing things, even more so than just inspecting the crate. I hope that you've finally had a chance to use the machine in its intended arrival state and it works as well as you'd hoped.

Again, thank you and good luck Nick.
(11-06-2018, 01:19 PM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: Sorry for getting here late as I picked up your thread from someone asking about SCM/Minimax machines. After reading this entire thing, all I can say is Pondracer you must be a true saint of a man, I'd have probably exploded from rage. I'm not an easy going guy at all and no one I know or have met would ever say I am. The fact that you remained any semblance of calm after their first response of "screw you" amazes me.

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing that story and your ability to stay even relatively calm and rise above the whole thing, I learned a great deal about what to look for when purchasing things, even more so than just inspecting the crate. I hope that you've finally had a chance to use the machine in its intended arrival state and it works as well as you'd hoped.

Again, thank you and good luck Nick.
Just came upon this thread...chilling story!  I will be reading shipping contracts much more carefully in the future..  What was the final outcome?
Thanks for Posting!