hide/not hide plumbing
If I get a vanity like this, how does one hide the plumbing?  Is hiding it a good idea?  How would it look if the plumbing is exposed?  Are there decorative drain traps that are meant to be exposed?

[Image: 41YXva5i4gL.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-10-2018, 10:33 AM)Cooler Wrote: If I get a vanity like this, how does one hide the plumbing?  Is hiding it a good idea?  How would it look if the plumbing is exposed?  Are there decorative drain traps that are meant to be exposed?

[Image: 41YXva5i4gL.jpg]
yes, nickel plated metal drain and supply pipes.

[Image: 021231030-wallmount-sink.jpg]
WoodNET... the new safespace
I have chrome plated traps and stainless steel flexible supply lines hidden inside my vanity cabinet.  I don't know if I would want that to show.

I just Googled "designer drain traps" and found a bunch including this Kohler version:

[Image: kohler-9033-cp.jpg]

The only decorative supply lines are for claw foot tubs.  I guess flex stainless is decorative enough.

Kohler also makes these supply lines, but how do you affix these to the faucet?  Bend the tubes?

[Image: kohler-7605-p-cp.jpg]
You bend those supply lines and cut to length. Cut long, test, cut again. In that picture, the nuts for the top connection are omitted.

Your decorative trap is super cool and orks if everything is in line well. Not so much of your wall location is offset. A traditional chromed P-Trap is easier to install.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Thanks guys.  I am up in the air on this.  I don't need the storage in that bath as there is already plenty of storage.  I think a pedestal sink will work better.

Cooler.
(01-10-2018, 01:23 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: You bend those supply lines and cut to length.  Cut long, test, cut again.  In that picture, the nuts for the top connection are omitted.  

Your decorative trap is super cool and orks if everything is in line well.  Not so much of your wall location is offset.  A traditional chromed P-Trap is easier to install.

Those decorative traps like pictured get gunked up really easy as well. So be prepared to take it apart allot.
They could use a little imagination like having a squirrel underneath holding a bucket or something.  
Winkgrin
2 weeks of trying to keep that free of water spots and fingerprints then a sheet goes over it and it doesn't reappear until sell the house time.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(01-11-2018, 04:18 PM)blackhat Wrote: 2 weeks of trying to keep that free of water spots and fingerprints then a sheet goes over it and it doesn't reappear until sell the house time.

I was thinking the same thing.  that would never go in my house.
(01-10-2018, 01:23 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: You bend those supply lines and cut to length.  Cut long, test, cut again.  In that picture, the nuts for the top connection are omitted.  

Your decorative trap is super cool and orks if everything is in line well.  Not so much of your wall location is offset.  A traditional chromed P-Trap is easier to install.

(01-11-2018, 04:18 PM)blackhat Wrote: 2 weeks of trying to keep that free of water spots and fingerprints then a sheet goes over it and it doesn't reappear until sell the house time.

Very true. Hard enough keeping it relatively clean. Man I wish we had a cleaning service....