The Flaw In My Plan
my current shop is a lot smaller than my old shop and floor space is much more precious.  I decided to redo my lathe tool rack from a rolling cart that wasn't really all that stable and didn't have enough room for all my tools to a wall mounted rack that does.  The new rack isn't pretty, scrap wood and PVC pipe but it will work.  The flaw in my plan is if my wife ever visits my shop she'll see how many lathe tools I actually have.  I don't -think- she'll realize how many I added to the collection from the initial ones I had but.... 
Crazy
Just deny everything
Wink Say, you got all the tools at incredible sales through the years... she's a woman, and will accept that.
Put fake price stickers on everything, $.45 and $1.29 and such, make sure it doesn't add up to much more than $50.
If she asks, they all came with the lathe when I got it. I don't think she's going to ask though. I also built a rack for all the centers and my pen mandrel. Now I just need to figure out how to store the micromesh so that I don't have to sort through it every time. I was thinking of something like clothes pins.
Rockler has a nice one

Attached Files Image(s)

thanks! I will definitely look at that.
I still haven't a set from before they were color coded, very hard to tell them apart
I have a set and have the color coding tag. I try to keep them in the order they should be in. I can tell you though that once you get them wet and/or a bit dirty and the swarf dries and stays on them they can be hard to tell apart.
(01-10-2018, 06:38 PM)crokett™ Wrote: my current shop is a lot smaller than my old shop and floor space is much more precious.  I decided to redo my lathe tool rack from a rolling cart that wasn't really all that stable and didn't have enough room for all my tools to a wall mounted rack that does.  The new rack isn't pretty, scrap wood and PVC pipe but it will work.  The flaw in my plan is if my wife ever visits my shop she'll see how many lathe tools I actually have.  I don't -think- she'll realize how many I added to the collection from the initial ones I had but.... 
Crazy

Just tell her that if you ever decide to sell it, you can do so and make money on it...or at least break even..and in the meantime, the hobby keeps you off the streets and out of the saloons!!!! See which she prefers.....
Rolleyes
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Mine is always in the racks, I guess for you however, you do not have to display all of them.  lol
Me I have nothing to hide from my Sweetheart and she is always in the shop anyway.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.