Photo hosting/posting question
Since PhotoBucket quit allowing free image hosting hosting, I have been using a site called PostImage.com that Derek Cohen recommended. It was easy and hassle free. You just selected your image from your computer files and it provided a hot link URL that you could just copy and paste in your posts on message boards. Easy - until today. The site's certificate expired yesterday and my browser is warning me that the site may be compromised.

What service doe you use for off-site photo hosting and posting to message boards like this one? I know that I can post directly from my computer, but posting multiple photos in a single post by just pasting in the hot link URLs is much easier. I have noticed that some people use Flickr. I signed up for a Flickr account this morning but I can't figure our how to hot link photos from it. I can get a URL, but it is just a link back to the Flickr site. I'm looking for a hot link that automatically displays my photo in my post. If someone could tell me how to do that on Flickr, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hank
Someone here (maybe it was Derek) recommended PostImage in a thread I was following, and I went with it. I also tried Google photos, but had such a headache getting it to work I gave up...so for me it's PostImage.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It's easy in Flickr. Open the photo you want to share and then click on the curved arrow in the lower right part of the screen. You can see it in the grayed-out area in my screen shot. Second icon from the left just above the date. The link window will be displayed. Click on BBCode and copy the link. Paste it in your post. You can select the size of the image that gets displayed in the forum although I think the forum will shrink giant ones anyway.

[Image: 39607006372_942cdee89f.jpg]
I use Imgur...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(01-11-2018, 03:13 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: It's easy in Flickr. Open the photo you want to share and then click on the curved arrow in the lower right part of the screen. You can see it in the grayed-out area in my screen shot. Second icon from the left just above the date. The link window will be displayed. Click on BBCode and copy the link. Paste it in your post. You can select the size of the image that gets displayed in the forum although I think the forum will shrink giant ones anyway.

+1  been using it here for years.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I found Google Photos to be really easy to use when I used Firefox.  But then Firefox got really slow and cranky so I switched to MS Edge.  It works great except for posting photos from Google Photos.  I can't figure out how to make it work, so if that's what you are using as your browser then you are not alone.  Now I have to either go back to Firefox or have them both open.  If I copy the "Copy Image Location" in Firefox I can post the photo here using MS Edge or Firefox.  

So perhaps your lack of success with Google Photos is related to your browser.  But when using a browser compatible with Goggle Photos I find it fast and very easy to use.  And no Ads.  No Ads.    

John
I started using tinypic, but have only posted a couple of photos. We'll see how that works out.
I'm using PostImage and have for a few years now. Hopefully it doesn't become a problem because its pretty easy to use.
Uhoh
(01-11-2018, 03:13 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: It's easy in Flickr. Open the photo you want to share and then click on the curved arrow in the lower right part of the screen. You can see it in the grayed-out area in my screen shot. Second icon from the left just above the date. The link window will be displayed. Click on BBCode and copy the link. Paste it in your post. You can select the size of the image that gets displayed in the forum although I think the forum will shrink giant ones anyway.

+1

Flickr is what I've used for quite a while.  1 TB free space - I'll never use it all - and once you give DaveR1's instructions a go, you'll have it figured out in no time.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools

Thanks, Dave! I was missing there BB code part.

[Image: 24765695697_b9201373a7_z.jpg]IMG_0212 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

I'm hoping that that the PostImage folks just let their Certificatte expire by mistake and will renew it. Haven't tried their site today. We'll see. Meanwhile, you've given me the key to Flickr. Thanks!