At Least I Spent Some Time In My Shop
I turned through the bottom of a maple bowl.  Well I guess I wanted to try casting resin into wood so while the resin was curing I decided to do some pens.  First pen, there was a problem with the resin.  I think it was the paint I used as a tint.  Second pen the glue for the tube failed.  Again, I think a paint problem affecting the epoxy since I painted the inside of the blank.   Apparently the paint wasn't dry enough.  I super glued that, will see what it does tomorrow.
Sometimes things go that way... oh well.
Clean up the bottom of the bowl and glue on a contrasting piece and turn it flush with the bowl.As for the casting,no idea.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I turned through the bottom of the bowl but it is was only a pin hole, in the center. I'm using a recess for the chuck on that bowl. I cut a wider area as a mortise of sorts and also cut a ring in the bottom half way out. I sealed the pinhole with super glue and sawdust and then poured in some colored casting resin yesterday. I haven't turned it yet. If that doesn't work I'll try a contrasting piece.
Don't give up on it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member